Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Sea foam gas additive
Reply #30 - 06/21/12 at 16:27:55

Gyrobob wrote on 06/20/12 at 17:59:53:
MMO is as worthless as seafoam.  They are just solvents.  If you have some muck in your system that is susceptible to solvents, it might help if the conditions are just right.  A real mechanic would clean out the mucked up system like a man, rather than a cheerleader.[/size]

Yeah, well, I'm not a real mechanic.  The system isn't mucked up.  I use the solvent a few times a year to help keep it that way.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #31 - 06/21/12 at 19:06:38

I use SeaFoam as a solvent, because it is a solvent. I found a supply for $5.99 a pint, but it runs close to $10 most places. A pint lasts a long time. Again, I don't want to make anyone use it, but if you have an old barn find you're trying to get running a few cents worth is worth a try. I feel the same way about starting fluid, even though it can hurt you and blow up an engine. People probably felt the same way when washing with soap was the new fad.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #32 - 06/21/12 at 19:07:46

bill67 wrote on 06/21/12 at 14:49:19:
So that means you are a flightless bird I guess.

As far as I can tell, you have not stopped scraping flightless birds, unless you are a wan   tabe.  Or do you not accept the role as a wan.  or a tabe.  

You are so confusing to me, billiam.  Sometimes I do actually try to understand how you could say some of the things you do, but everything you say seems to be a baseless assertion or accusation of some sort.  

For example, the times I have used seafoam, it worked pretty much like a solvent, yet you give it snake oil qualities.  Are you for it, or against it?  Does it actually do things like make your rheumatism go away, or does it just dissolve things like a solvent?

Maybe sometime you could actually think out a meaningful response that had some factual basis, and present it here.  Otherwise we'll still think all you ever do is to say "nuh-uh," or "that's dumb," or "you're wrong."

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #33 - 06/21/12 at 19:18:32

My Walmart years ago for some reason was getting rid of a lot of the liquids in the auto section.  They had the solvents, oils, and miscellaneous cleaners all marked down a lot.  I found the autoshop manager and told him I'd give him $50 for the whole thing.  He said $100 and we settled on $70.  Good deal for me.  The Walmart standard price collectively on all that stuff was over $300.  

The lot included Seafoam, Berryman's Chemtool, Rislone, Gunk, synthetic 2-stroke oil, and lots of other stuff.  Most of it is gone now, but I'll admit the seafoam worked pretty well.  The Berryman's was the most powerful, though, and don't you dare ever let it drip on any paint.  What I learned from the comparison of actually using the stuff was that seafoam is literally nothing more than an overpriced solvent.  A strong solvent, yes, but nothing exceptional except for the exceptionally insulting price.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 15:23:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sea foam gas additive

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.