Send Topic Print
Front Wheel Sqealing (Read 226 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Front Wheel Sqealing
Reply #15 - 06/18/12 at 05:47:33

Dont wind it up tight, keep a thumb by the kill switch & a coupla fingers on the clutch, stay clear in traffic so if you need to stop you can w/o gettin mashed. Good luck.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tode33
YaBB Newbies

Reply #16 - 06/18/12 at 06:42:02

Just a quick afterthought question, I'm going to be picking up a torque wrench as part of my tool purchase (honestly getting excited about being let loose in a tool store) would it be preferable to get a 1/2" or a 3/8" wrench?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 06/18/12 at 07:01:30

Ive got a beam type 3/8ths from Sears. I used it a coupla times, once ya get the feel of it, you wont need it for many things. Note the span on torque specs. Very wide ranges on most things. YOU get a feel for the small stuff, 1/4" ratchet & you can feel it come tite, you know its time to stop.. Well,, if youve been wrenchin for decades you do, I know what it feels like when a bolt pulls tite, Havent twisted anything off in many years. But, before I made a few messes,, I didnt know what I was feeling for, I was just blindly cranking stuff down, & thats not smart.

FEEL as ya tighten, on little stuff, dont use your arm, put a thumb on the head of the ratchet & use the fingers slightly open to hold the handle & just use the fingers & wrist to bring it down, Its okay to just move far enough to get 2 or 3 clicks & start from that position again,
Its so much better to snug something again later than twist it off now.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Tode33
YaBB Newbies

Reply #18 - 06/22/12 at 18:29:40

One thing I never thought to ask, where do I look to diagnose the belt squealing issue?  
Picking up the tools tomorrow to crack 'er open and see what the damage is as far as the cam chain.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also as a preemptive action I ordered a raptor petcock tonight, will be installing that as soon as it comes.

IP Logged
Tode33
YaBB Newbies

Reply #19 - 06/23/12 at 19:10:45

mmyep, I think it's past time to do something.

IMG_20120623_210012.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 17:26:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front Wheel Sqealing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.