Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Idiot sales associate?... (Read 274 times)
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Re: Idiot sales associate?...
Reply #15 - 06/13/12 at 18:17:00

Blinky-FSO wrote on 06/13/12 at 07:20:46:
Quote:
I tend to lump salesmen in with politicians and lawyers; they all have an agenda, but it's usually not in the direction of YOUR best interest.

360+ I agree with you except when you use the term"all". Yes, there are some real plaid coat creeps out there that are just after your wallet.

Now, If you will send me your mailing address and only $149.95 plus shipping and handling, I will send you one of what I sell (please allow six to eight weeks for delivery). You will love it!!! You have my word as a salesman.  Smiley

Yes, there are some good ones, and as a good reader of character, I can usually distinguish the difference right away.   However, I have also met sales idiots who made this person look suave in comparison!  

When I was a kid in HS, I worked at a used car lot washing and detailing cars.   It was owned by two partners who gave me my first introduction to hardcore salesmen.  These guys did things as a matter of routine that made me VERY uncomfortable, even questioning their legality in many cases.  Lets just say the objective was to get the customers name on the sales contract, and then get them and the car off the lot.

But getting back to this gadget you're selling me...   is it the "new and improved" model?   I'm a sucker for new and improved.     Cool

« Last Edit: 06/15/12 at 19:31:31 by 360k+ »  

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #16 - 06/13/12 at 18:41:38

Quote:
But getting back to this gadget you're selling me...   is it the "new and improved" model?   I'm a sucker for new and improved.

Yes sir! And not only new and improved, it was just named gadget of the year by a leading publucation and it is your favorite color!  Grin

I may know those guys you worked for or some just like them. They tend to be just about everywhere and should be the first against the wall when the revolution starts.

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #17 - 06/13/12 at 20:04:25

WD wrote on 06/12/12 at 19:58:00:
Of the big 4 J.A. Pan Co brands, Suzuki does have the lowest level of QC. Big whoop, 90% of the built in flaws are easy to fix. And of the issues, 95% or better of those are insignificant (soft chrome, cheap bolts, cheap bulbs, weak gaskets, crappy paint etc).

Yammerscammer hasn't made a good bike since they quit cranking out wire wheel XS650s.

Yep WD...those old XS650s were us po cuntry boys Trumpets!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #18 - 06/14/12 at 21:35:35

If I was going to step back onto a bigger metric V-twin I'd be going to Kawasaki and looking for a clean used 1500 Classic or 1500A (which would get a Clasic rear fender, hate stubby fenders). Or biting the bullet and pulling the trigger on a left over V2KLT. Barring that, a nice VT1100 ACE and tracking down a set of Hard Krome Chief fenders for it.

V-stars are warmed over Viragoes. Better QC than the old Viragoes, better lines than the old ones, but still the same basic engine. I almost bought an 1100, until I found out you had to drop the front exhaust to change the oil. My last good metric v-twin (99 Kawasaki 800A) saw 44K miles in 18 months, don't have time to be dropping a pipe to change the oil.

Never had a nice XS650 Special. Did have a few BSA and Triumph T120 650s.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:27:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Idiot sales associate?...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.