Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My First Road-trip ( on the bike) (Read 57 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
My First Road-trip ( on the bike)
06/14/12 at 14:54:25

So I have had the bike since April, and have done nohting but use it to go to work, or to go to "someplace" that I had to be. All the trips were in town and none very far.

Tuesday, I pulled a 14 hour day, not a good time. ( I write and run programs for the state).

Wednesday, I was going to leave at noon, but worked through lunch to 2 pm.. finally I said enough.. and left for the day!

Gassed up at my fav "real gas" station.. and went home. Got home and ended up back on the computer... then had a brain fart... I could be working and be on the computer.. heck with this.

Got on the bike and rode 100 miles ( 50 miles each way) on Scenic Natchez Trace parkway. NO commercial vehicles allowed... and Speed limit is 50MPH.  The day was perfect, trees bent over the rode or wide open fields... the smells were excellent, the wind slight and traffice all but non-existant.. just me, the bike and God.

Here I am at my destination, a ghost town called Rocky Springs.  As I pulled two HD pulled out with a couple on each.

Yeah I know, yall know what one looks like.. but this one is mine.  Odo is now up to 1250 miles. Not bad for a 2002.

IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Re: My First Road-trip ( on the bike)
Reply #1 - 06/14/12 at 18:26:56

This kind of day is why I own a motorcycle, and why the Savage is my perfect bike. Ain't it great?

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: My First Road-trip ( on the bike)
Reply #2 - 06/14/12 at 20:27:48

Arizuno wrote on 06/14/12 at 18:26:56:
This kind of day is why I own a motorcycle, and why the Savage is my perfect bike. Ain't it great?

Amen to that Ari

Pine I seem to have to do that quite often. Sure clears the head!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:24:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › My First Road-trip ( on the bike)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.