Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bad Wreck! (Read 328 times)
ebonysresearch

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bad Wreck!
05/30/12 at 17:37:21

2 saterdays ago I was on my way to work running at 40 through bartlett ohio.  the bank clock said 7:59 am.  An on coming car turned left in front of me and dead on into me.  Over the bike and over the car i flew 25 feet.  landed on my pelvis which broke in 4 places, left foot fractured, right knee fractured, 4 stitches in my junk.    2 days in the Hospital.  Except the driver didn't own the car...and the owner has not presented insurance.  It gets much worse.  The short version is that the guy admitted to drinking that mourning. and that he never saw me.  But was only sited with failure to yield.  I spent since I was 15 working to get to be a Phd Master Level Harley Tech.  I'm 36.  Used to own my own shop in Greenville texas.  21 years of riding.  Went through an 8 month divorce and became a single dad while going to MMI orlando.  24K in student loans, 13K in tools.  Just made master last year.  2 weeks of pain have lead to little progress.  except more Pain.  My love for machines with 2 wheels is standing on shaky ground.  Luckily I'm ALWAYS wearing a helmet, because it was a hard impact. Its hard to put into words the thought that an uninsured, drunk driver may have just flushed everything that my dreams are made of down the tube.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Bad Wreck!
Reply #1 - 05/30/12 at 17:43:10

Ohh My God,, Man,, Just hang in there,, Its way to soon to be letting go of your dreams, Im so sorry, this isnt the way things are supposed to go,, but it sure seems to be getting more common,,
Jerry,, can you advise this man on what he should do to get as much out of the police as he can to get the responsible party or parties to pay up?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 05/30/12 at 17:50:35

Just keep on healing... let some time pass..

2 weeks ain't long.  

You ain't dead... that's good... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #3 - 05/30/12 at 17:56:04

Hating that.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #4 - 05/30/12 at 17:58:33

ebony, don't give up. I felt the same way when I had to take disability and lost 66% of my income. I felt the same way again when I got to where I can't run anymore, because my foot just quit working. Back pain and bipolar for years. Every time I try to be something I end up messed up. Not trying to outdo you...just that I understand. And your pain and the meds for it cause depression in most people. Stay with us. We'll give you advice, and some of it will be good. The rest will be haters trying to get you to kill the drunk. Does kinda seem fair, doesn't it? No. Better not. MCN Magazine ran an article about the fines and punishment for people hitting mc and even killing people. They are low presumably because we are a small sub group who are taking the risk they wouldn't assume. Hang in there. I will not forget to think of you every day. Let us know of your progress and any setbacks, too. Barry  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #5 - 05/30/12 at 18:00:01

Wow... Good luck on a quick recovery. Hopefully it'll work out on your side. I'm pretty sure the owner of the car is responsible at this point, since he allowed someone to drive his car.

I'm sure Jerry can chime in with a better legal aspect, at least from what his state would have to say.

Like Serow said... you're not dead, so that's a positive.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 05/30/12 at 18:16:32

It's a test of character, you can give up or rise above it.  your choice.

but give it some time before you make your decision.  with the closure of every door, there opens another.

as far as the drunk driver in a loaned car... both of them are at fault.
get a good lawyer, rake the drunk over the coals if you have to.  the loaner may be a good guy loaning a car to a friend, but he should know whether he had insurance or not.

WWW   IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/30/12 at 19:45:21

That sucks immensely, and will take time for sure to recover from, but surely you can and will recover, even if it seems overwhelming right now.
Your life isn't over; you're still here, and you're still a Dad, even if you need to get a different job, or a different hobby, or whatever else changes.
Hang on to your kid, they will get you through this.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #8 - 05/30/12 at 21:26:21

Its like riding a horse. You get bucked off you cuss em and get back on. You don't you'll always wonder, it will eat at you.

I still got three toes bother me and the odd headache from last years side swiping. Would love to beat the snot out of the kid that hit me and have a few choice words for the state trooper that really botched up the accident report.

But as my daddy used to say there aint no use worrying about things you can't change. You'll just worry yourself into an early grave.
Your chances of dieing are as good or better slipping in the bathtub then riding a bike.

Ride to live, live to ride.

IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/30/12 at 21:40:29

That's a bummer! No matter where you go, or what you do, the injury or illness bug get's us all at one time or another. Your injuries might seem overwhelming at the present, but they will improve and so will your bruised spirit and outlook. I've overcome many injuries (and still am). Hang in there, eat well, follow your Doc's advice and remain steadfast and positive that your body will heal just fine. Smiley

Good Luck,

JohnnyCat

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 05/30/12 at 23:40:51

Ebony...
I got t-boned 2 1/2 years ago... took weeks to feel improvement... over 6 months to start getting back in shape... flinchy at intersections for more than a year (even in a car) ... (I also had great distress, just backing my car out of a parking space)...
... but,.. time does heal...  

I'm an experienced crasher... but, I'd never been blind-sided before... It's a very different feeling, to realise that you have no control...

Rest and heal... time will take the edge off...
.. and you can decide later...  every day, is a gift... and healing is happening, even if you don't see it...

This happened to you... but, many riders ride for years and it never does...  it just happened... and may never happen again...
Just bad luck...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #11 - 05/31/12 at 01:48:52

Unfortunately on the roads is still very much drunk drivers and drivers,  "without own head". I'm sorry. I wish you a speedy recovery and that such situations did not have anyone!
p.s. sorry for my english

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/31/12 at 03:00:49

Ebony, please check with your auto insurance agent/company.  If you have uninsured/under-insured coverage, which is very inexpensive to add to your base policy, your auto insurance company should be providing some financial assistance plus going after the owner of the car that hit you.  Recovering from a serious accident is no fun, give it time and remain positive.  It will get better!

IP Logged
Fish

Who Shot Who In The
What Now?

(near) Tampa, FL
Reply #13 - 05/31/12 at 05:37:15

darn man, sorry to hear that.
It's going to take more than a couple of weeks for you to start feeling any better, just have patience.
When you do start to improve keep working hard for your kid and your passion of being a mechanic.
If you haven't already, get a good lawyer. If you don't have too much money up front get one that only gets paid if he wins for you.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #14 - 05/31/12 at 05:38:06

My heart goes out to you.  A year ago Feb. I landed in the ER busted up, ICU for 3 days while the doc's tried to decide if I was in immediate danger of being paralyzed with/without spinal surgery; other stuff broken and smashed, 1 week after ICU and then another week in another hospital for therapy.  The morphine drip barely kept the pain bearable.  Wore a body brace for broken vertebrae for 4 months.  It took 6 months before the neurosurgeon finally said the bones had healed well enough that I no longer had a need for surgery to avoid paralysis.  
Getting busted up hurts big time, but with some time your body will heal.
Take one day at a time; do what you can do for that day and be thankful for the day.  Your kid still has their dad ... think on that and be thankful for that if nothing else..

We never know how much time we are allotted on this earth ... there is no guarantee for tomorrow ... so all we can do is make the most of each day.  Love you child and teach by example how to live a good productive life even when faced with adversity.  While healing you are going to have a lot of good one on one time with your child so make the most of it and grow that relationship as strong and deep as possible.  This can be a huge blessing in the midst of a situation like this accident.
Make a choice to be positive and think of what you DO have; life and family.  Your body will heal.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:15:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bad Wreck!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.