Send Topic Print
Bar End Mirrors (Read 645 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Bar End Mirrors
Reply #15 - 06/10/12 at 15:49:34

I think they look great & would be better for seeing "back there", but Im afraid Id drag em in the corners.. Yea,, uh huhh,, you know I mean it,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #16 - 06/11/12 at 05:14:27

Epeck wrote on 06/10/12 at 13:17:55:

I looked at a TON prior to buying my set. Keep in mind that with mine, they came with that same "mounting" setup and it doesn't work with the stock bars because of the weights that are welded in place. I'm not sure how they disassemble, but at long as they disassemble and would be able to screw into a tapped hole, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #17 - 06/11/12 at 05:16:55

renegade1 wrote on 06/09/12 at 23:55:42:
you said something of a concave mirror has a different viewing experience, is it a huge difference than the stock ones??  Cheesy

Yeah, it's different. I lose someone in the mirror when they are right on the back of my tire. Where I believe I would've still seen them in my stockers. I'd really have to mount the stock ones back up and look again to see... Anyways, I make sure to give a good head turn to check before making any moves and always try to keep an eye on the mirrors just to be safe. I know that the people seem to look really far away in them, even if they are close. I guess that's just the properties of the mirror...

I took the mirrors off yesterday, took the portable bandsaw to the bars and chopped off the excess that was left. Ended up needing much smaller screws to secure them, but it looks nice without the "space" there. No pictures of the change, I'll have to address that. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #18 - 06/17/12 at 17:04:52

Some better shots of the mirrors... The bolts holding them on are temporary until I find the right length ones that will sit flush. The last ones I picked up were a few MM too short.

And from the back

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 06/17/12 at 18:12:09

Simon,.. mine are the same,.. but I mounted them curved up...  Can you see with them down?...

PS... (I believe that's actually reversed,.. your right mirror is on my left bar n' vice versa)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/31/12 at 20:49:44

bringing this thread back as i am in the market for some bar end mirrors to fit the ryca bars.

the oberons look great - and probably are the most vibration free which is important to me.

are these worth the extra money? or do some of these $20-30 cheaper mirrors work well? if they vibrate a lot then they are not worth it and i will pay for the oberons.

IP Logged
Spamy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 08/01/12 at 07:21:19

Im using these, and so far they work great.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product/Billet_Bar_End_Mirrors/web1006842

I was worried about vibration, but that hasnt been a problem at all with these. They come with an adapter for insertion in either 7/8 or 1 inch bars.

So far Ive been very happy with these, especially for the price.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #22 - 08/02/12 at 15:21:11

Spamy - Yup, they look exactly the same as the ones I got from Amazon, except $15 more expensive.

Did you mount them with those mounts? Or you drilled and tapped the weights in the bars? Or... you're running aftermarket bars?

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Spamy

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 08/02/12 at 17:16:02

I have 7/8 clipons and they mounted pretty easily.

IP Logged
TROX

More ideas than $$$

Temple, TX
Reply #24 - 08/02/12 at 17:53:05

I like the mirror's, I wanna go with some bar ends with turn signal's, but those Oberon's are super expensive, so I'm still looking around. Is that a Skeebo bobber elec. tank ?  Looks sweet, I messaged him to see if he was still buildin 'em, but nothin back yet. Very nice bike Simon.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #25 - 08/02/12 at 19:10:55

Thanks! It is a skeebo tank. I'm considering one of his other ones that put the housing at the curve of the frame and move the battery in front with a tiedown.

Also have his belt guard on there... he does great work. My understanding is that he's busy with other work...

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
TROX

More ideas than $$$

Temple, TX
Reply #26 - 08/02/12 at 20:08:46

Nah, I completely understand being busy, everybody has a life, it's all good. One other question for ya Simon. Is that a BCB drag pipe and if so did you r-ejet and what size ?

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #27 - 08/03/12 at 18:51:14

Nope... The pipe is something I had one of the local garages bend up for me. Just a normal piece of exhaust, bent to angle it correctly. It's got a baffle installed right after the bend.

I can't remember jets and turns... I followed the instructions of diamond jim and his posts. His build thread is around here somewhere with everything he had used (including baffle, etc).

I'm planning on wrapping it eventually. I've got the material to do it, just need to take the time to pull it off and do it. I need a cover/shield for the joint area too, but have just been lazy.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:29:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bar End Mirrors

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.