Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
European model (whith carburator problem) (Read 67 times)
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
European model (whith carburator problem)
05/27/12 at 01:54:35

Hello, I am Halvor from Norway. Thanks to all the contributors for all the useful info on this page

I have discovered some differences on the European models. My savage have started to run amazingly better after modding different things. I am near 100 mphtop speed. I made 90 mph going slightly uphill. I made 75 mph on a really steep slope. But havent dared to test the real to speed jet. THe jetting on my 96 was 125/47,5. I have changes the silencer and mounted 150/55 jets. I removed the ruber intake in the filter box. From photoes it seems like it have only half the light opening as the us models. US models have two channels, this had only one small passage.

I am working on a o2 sensor arrangment to allow me to survail the mix all the time with a fancy led gauge!

After two happy days, something have changed, it seems like theres a carb problem on full throttle. Somethime it is like a turbo starts and it runs like normal. But it is more and more dead in the full throttle area. My (european) enrichment valve has to electrical wires connected to it on the outside of the carb. What can it be? Can anybody help with the carb problem?

I am temted to try the vm carb? Any opinions about that?

Best regards Halvor

bilde3_001.JPG

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
dr1445

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: European model (whith carburator problem)
Reply #1 - 05/27/12 at 03:24:37

sounds like a carb with tps [throttle position sensor] any thing like that can cause a problem. a mikuni vm or pumper tm would bypass those kinds of problems and avoids the cv carb headache as well, but what about local regulations and inspections.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/27/12 at 03:52:38

One of the easiest things to check is how well the petcock is delivering fuel.
Put it on Prime. Its a vacuum operated petcock. At WOT, you may not be getting all you need out of the petcock,,

Does it start out running good when you first start the hard running & then start wimping out a minute or so later?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #3 - 05/27/12 at 13:56:28

Thanks for the help. I tried the petcock and there were no difference. I went on a long trip to a friend. It was boring with no response at more than half throttle. But something happened on the way home. The turbo came a couple of thimes, and then it was present all the time over half throttle. THe bike worked again. I even made a new speed record up my favorite slope. My theory is that the carburator piston have been stuch, or couldent move for some reason??

throttle position sensor: It looks like this. A swich is engaged at full throttle. Maybe it adjusts ignition timing for more power?

local regulations and inspections: We have no inspections. Can I benefit from another carburator?

Best regards Halvor

Savage 96, Enfield muffler. Lowered forks. Progressive springs Drag bar. big head light. GL1000 fender. small back light. Black. mini turn lamps, vm36 180-20. o2 sensor ! K&N
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 05/27/12 at 15:33:00

Halvor wrote on 05/27/12 at 13:56:28:
Thanks for the help. I tried the petcock and there were no difference. I went on a long trip to a friend. It was boring with no response at more than half throttle. But something happened on the way home. The turbo came a couple of times, and then it was present all the time over half throttle. The bike worked again. I even made a new speed record up my favorite slope. My theory is that the carburetor piston have been stuck, or couldn't move for some reason??

yes, it's probably sticking.  take it out, clean it and the bore it sits in, put it back in, be careful not to get finger prints on it.  any dirt or oils will make it stick.

WWW   IP Logged
Halvor

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Norway
Reply #5 - 05/28/12 at 00:47:11

Thanks. Yes it had som black dirt on the surface. I had a drop of oil in the piston to, wich might have been wrong? I had no time to clean things becauce I was eaten by mosquitos. But now it worked perfekt again. Maybe I should do some sporty driving to be sure it moves a lot for a period?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 05/28/12 at 08:00:55

No oil on the slide,, seems funny, dont it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:24:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › European model (whith carburator problem)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.