Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DIY Pilot Jet (Read 50 times)
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

DIY Pilot Jet
05/28/12 at 09:35:34

For those experimenting with finding the right pilot jet size. I have a debaffled stock exhaust and stock air filter with the air bix plastic lid removed and the snorkel taken out. Ever since I did that, the bike ran way better, seemed to breathe more freely. But I had to go from the 145 stock main to a 150. Made a big difference in top end pull. The problem was the stock 52.5 pilot jet. First I swapped it to a same size with bleed holes and that made the low throttle response smoother. I also changed the spacer to a stack of brass washers from Lancer's jet kit to get to 2/3 height. But it still seemed to miss something in the low throttle area. I had the mix screw at 2 1/4 turns out, but still had afterfire. The exhaust has no leaks, and turning the screw out more didn't really gain anything. So I put a 55 pilot in and that helped, but even with the screw having to be all the way in was too rich. So I decided to drill out the stock 52.5 and for the lack of a drill bit I dug in my wifes set of safety pins. And found one with right diameter. it is 0.60mm or 0.0235". It is bigger than the hole in the 52.5n but falls loosely into the 55. So I ground the tip like a screwdriver with my Dremel and put the needle in the vise and twisting and forcing the jet all the way through. It made the bore nice and smooth and the needle fit very very tight. So I oput the jet back in the bike and what a difference! Smooth as can be throttle response, more pull at 0-1/4 throttle and hardly any afterfire, just nice rumble and some low popping on decel. I am so happy I did it! I suspect the new size to be somewhere from 53.5-54.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: DIY Pilot Jet
Reply #1 - 05/28/12 at 10:33:28

There,.. you fixed it...   Grin...

... a worthy effort if ever there was one...  Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Re: DIY Pilot Jet
Reply #2 - 05/28/12 at 10:46:50

Yeah, and didn't have to spend a penny. The worst thing that could have happened was ruining a stock jet. But I wasn't gonna put that one back in anyway, the way it was. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 13:22:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DIY Pilot Jet

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.