no thanks Sad

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Thumper
Reply #2 - 05/23/12 at 21:36:01

Better tie a rope on it & drag about 10 feet around.. potholes around here would eat that thing.

&, just for the sake of sprinkling in a pinch of controversy, I would add that, In my completely unqualified opinion, I dont consider engines so tiny that they would be impractical to build as a multi a "Thumper".
Get to typical multicylinder displacements, then "Thumper" says something, It says a lot at 652 CC,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #3 - 05/23/12 at 22:07:42

cool wicked stool! Grin

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #4 - 05/24/12 at 11:24:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/23/12 at 21:36:01:
I dont consider engines so tiny that they would be impractical to build as a multi a "Thumper".
Get to typical multicylinder displacements, then "Thumper" says something, It says a lot at 652 CC,,

Then this one might qualify.  Note that it's likely their pre-OSHA version...   Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MLkbHkxk-g&feature=related

The Cushman belongs to my "neighbor" (in the rural sense) whom I went to visit yesterday.   He is an old flat tracker who now restores bikes as a hobby.   Each of his bikes has been restored from the nut & bolt level up, and are absolutely exquisite show winners.  If you'd like to see the rest of his stable go here...

http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj534/gary95329/Rons/

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 05/24/12 at 12:08:31

The picture of the Cushman brings back memories of my very early youth....I don't believe I was even old enough to go to school.  My dad had the chassis just like the picture in the first post.  He bought it as a basket case and it sat in the corner of the wagon shed of our farm, and leaned up against the wall that was the corn crib.  The bike was dark blue, the seat was trash, the engine parts were gone except for the bottom sump of the engine, and I always wondered what the engine would have looked like.  I used to spend hours sitting on the hulk and imagining what it would have been like to ride it......the adventure and freedom that it would have provided.....if only it had an engine and a seat!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 07:37:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.