Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Warranty question (Read 82 times)
Jacob

2012 Suzuki S40 650

Ford City, PA
Warranty question
05/18/12 at 11:56:26

I own a new 2012 Suzuki S40. I also bought the 5 year warranty. Would drilling 8 5/16" holes in my back baffle plate of my muffler or drilling out the brass mixgure screw void my warranty at all?

Thanks

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Warranty question
Reply #1 - 05/18/12 at 13:14:47

I don't have the answer to your question but congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the site!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 05/18/12 at 13:24:54

I would email your "warranty policing" dealership and ask them in writing.    You may get referred to an insurance company who is underwriting the extended warranty policy as it isn't Suzuki -- they are into motorcycles, not insurance.

Then I would carefully keep that email reply, because the story immediately changes if you ever have a real and expensive warranty issue having to do with any related system.

One thing that you did do to yourself that you didn't think about -- you paid good money to get up to 5 years of getting your pocket picked by the dealership ON A VERY REGULAR BASIS.

Fine print to your 5 year agreement says you have to do all recommended maintenances -- and starting out with the 600 mile rip off you are going to learn how expensive this "recommended maintenance" can be.   And if you miss one, well the deal is off and they get keep your money.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Jacob

2012 Suzuki S40 650

Ford City, PA
Reply #3 - 05/18/12 at 14:49:56

I am also checking the marketplace but if any of you know where I can buy a cheap used stock slip on muffler for my 2012 S40 please let me know.

Thanks

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #4 - 05/22/12 at 14:40:05

Jacob wrote on 05/18/12 at 14:49:56:
I am also checking the marketplace but if any of you know where I can buy a cheap used stock slip on muffler for my 2012 S40 please let me know.

Thanks

You may want to check with the guys doing RYCA conversions.  Those are take-off parts for them and you may get a new one at a decent price.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:18:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Warranty question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.