Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Load equalizer(s0 for 06 S40 (Read 115 times)
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Load equalizer(s0 for 06 S40
05/16/12 at 15:39:10

Recently, I purchased a license plate frame with turn signals.  This item had only one wire per side, so I grounded the 2 grounds from the stock rear turn signals, wired the positive for each turn signal to the existing wiring.  The good news, they work, the bad news, the "blinking" is so anemic, you can't see it flash if your more than 2' away.  At any rate, I "think" I read someplace on the forum about load equalizers that would possibly solve this issue.  The problem, I'm clueless as to what these are, what size to get and where to get them.  Other than that, I'm relegated to hand signals only.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Load equalizer(s0 for 06 S40
Reply #1 - 05/16/12 at 15:44:37

load equalizer will fix flash rate, not brightness.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/16/12 at 16:01:05

Youve got a lousy connection somewhere, its low light & low flash rate is due to Lower than Normal Current flow. Check the grounds.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/16/12 at 16:08:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/16/12 at 16:01:05:
Youve got a lousy connection somewhere, its low light & low flash rate is due to Lower than Normal Current flow. Check the grounds.

This is great news!  I've turned a 30 minute job into 9 hours and I can't seem to get a simple thing like the ground(s) grounded correctly.  The truth be known, it's not the headache of checking the grounds, it removing the seat!  Am I the only one who has difficulty getting the sides to line up properly in order to get the bolts started?  I do have a Corbin seat, but the stock seat was just as bad getting it secured properly.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 05/16/12 at 16:27:51

Dont put the seat on till youve proven your wiring works,,

Do you have an ohm meter? If not, you need one & a test lite, I built mine, a socket for an 1156, coupla wires, a piece of piano wire sharpened to a needle point, a piece of dowel rod & some solder & black tape.,,.
Only 20 minutes to build the replacement for my $2.00 junker.. I needed one & didnt want to go to town,,

A ground needs to be clean metal that is grounded, maybe you should run a wire from somewhere you KNOW is grounded,
This stuff would be so much easier if I could see what youre doing,

Ohh,, & you can just run a wire, get a ground, anywhere, just run a wire & use it to prove the blinkers work IF you give them a good ground, If you run a wire from a known good ground & that doesnt solve it, then run a hot wire & prove they will at least get bright if you give them a straight 12 volts & a good ground,

The sockets & lamps, have you looked at them? Looked inside? Looked at the lamp connectors? All clean & tidy?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/16/12 at 16:44:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/16/12 at 16:27:51:
Dont put the seat on till youve proven your wiring works,,

Do you have an ohm meter? If not, you need one & a test lite, I built mine, a socket for an 1156, coupla wires, a piece of piano wire sharpened to a needle point, a piece of dowel rod & some solder & black tape.,,.
Only 20 minutes to build the replacement for my $2.00 junker.. I needed one & didnt want to go to town,,

A ground needs to be clean metal that is grounded, maybe you should run a wire from somewhere you KNOW is grounded,
This stuff would be so much easier if I could see what youre doing,

Ohh,, & you can just run a wire, get a ground, anywhere, just run a wire & use it to prove the blinkers work IF you give them a good ground, If you run a wire from a known good ground & that doesnt solve it, then run a hot wire & prove they will at least get bright if you give them a straight 12 volts & a good ground,

The sockets & lamps, have you looked at them? Looked inside? Looked at the lamp connectors? All clean & tidy?

Yes, I've got more "stuff" than I obviously know how to use.  From fairly complicated with 2 leads and a twist dial to one with 2 wires and a light that lights up (I guess) when a circuit works properly. EVERYTHING worked before I put the seat back on.  The only thing I did afterward was to give the beast a bath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 05/16/12 at 19:24:14

The only thing I did afterward was to give the beast a bath.

theres a detail ya left out,,

Relax & see if its okay tomorrow.

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #7 - 05/16/12 at 23:13:20

you can wash them or people will think you never ride it.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/17/12 at 00:00:20

Dj12midnit wrote on 05/16/12 at 23:13:20:
you can wash them or people will think you never ride it.

In the past, washing my ride seemed like the only thing I could do correctly.  Apparently, I may have been too aggressive with the hose and watered down my latest electrical project.  Part of my reasoning behind the wash job was to try and dislodge the seat bolt I managed to drop.  It's no where to be found, sweep the garage floor, moved the bike and picked up my tools, the bold is still MIA.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #9 - 05/17/12 at 00:36:51

license plate frame with turn signals usually means leds
light emmiting diodes they have a very low "load" your flasher is made for a higher resistance "load"so your sigs are eratic espically if you still have oem sigs front and back wired in parallel...good news!
its an easy fix  you need an electronic flasher your oem flasher is bout 2 thirds of the way up you right frame rail under the tank
its 2 pin find an electronic flasher at your local aoto parts store with the same pin  confinguration..
if you got a few more $ to spend go to signal dynamics.com and buy an adjustable flasher...

pls excuse my spelling Cool

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/17/12 at 01:26:22

thumperclone wrote on 05/17/12 at 00:36:51:
license plate frame with turn signals usually means leds
light emmiting diodes they have a very low "load" your flasher is made for a higher resistance "load"so your sigs are eratic espically if you still have oem sigs front and back wired in parallel...good news!
its an easy fix  you need an electronic flasher your oem flasher is bout 2 thirds of the way up you right frame rail under the tank
its 2 pin find an electronic flasher at your local aoto parts store with the same pin  confinguration..
if you got a few more $ to spend go to signal dynamics.com and buy an adjustable flasher...

pls excuse my spelling Cool

THANKS!  Yes, I still have the original stock front turn signals, so maybe there's still hope to salvage this 9 hour project.  The only real positive is I'm retired and can devote how many hrs. it takes to eventually get this right.  Thankfully, no one has to pay me by the hr to do the work.

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/17/12 at 12:19:19

Or perhaps they just can't be brighter? As in cheap chinese crap? Hook the wire straight to battery plus and check brightness on constant load. We fix the flashing part only if you are happy with what you got. Wink makes sense?

IP Logged
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/17/12 at 14:57:41

dasch wrote on 05/17/12 at 12:19:19:
Or perhaps they just can't be brighter? As in cheap chinese crap? Hook the wire straight to battery plus and check brightness on constant load. We fix the flashing part only if you are happy with what you got. Wink makes sense?

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT!  I would have NEVER considered this as an option.  Man, you guys are the best!  Thanks for all your assistance with this "issue" I managed to create for myself.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 05/17/12 at 16:52:22

Ohh,, & you can just run a wire, get a ground, anywhere, just run a wire & use it to prove the blinkers work IF you give them a good ground, If you run a wire from a known good ground & that doesnt solve it, then run a hot wire &

prove they will at least get bright if you give them a straight 12 volts & a good ground,

Ill remember to type it all out again,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:21:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Load equalizer(s0 for 06 S40

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.