Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A slightly different helmet question (Read 179 times)
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: A slightly different helmet question
Reply #15 - 04/19/12 at 07:07:18

I rarely wore a helmet back in my early riding days.... and to be honest.....I never had one that fit right. Now getting back into riding after a 20+ year layout I have to wear one for a year(Kentucky law for new liscense holders). I bought an el cheapo 3/4 from wally world that just sucked! wind lift was horrible and the noise and buffeting.......ugh!

I was in Louisville for work a while back and passing by the CycleGear store so stopped in. They had the SevenZeroSeven Brimstone 3/4 helmet on sale for $60. I tried on on and it felt darn good. And it's made by Bell! Looks and feels much like the original Bell Custom helmets from the glory days! After a couple of weeks riding(80 miles commute to work and back plus several hundred miles just putting) I'm happy! This helmet does not lift on me at interstate speeds and the cheek/ear cushions keep the wind and noise out very well.

I use a flip shield for colder mornings or rainy days and have a pair of "old school" goggles for other times. I prefer the flip shield over other snap on shields because I wear eyeglasses and they fog up on cool mornings and the flip shield allows me to get some venting at stoplights or low speed riding.

AND....best of all......with the goggles on it has that "old school" look vineman was talking about! Think flat-track racers from 1963!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Re: A slightly different helmet question
Reply #16 - 04/19/12 at 13:28:12

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. I figure if I am going 3/4, I may as well go full face. I will look into the flip up style and the motocross style.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 00:08:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A slightly different helmet question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.