Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Clip ons vs. drag vs. clubman handlebars (Read 1035 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Clip ons vs. drag vs. clubman handlebars
Reply #15 - 04/17/12 at 09:31:08

And I like them where they're at thank you.

WWW   IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #16 - 04/17/12 at 09:37:58

Personally, I love the HD Dyna bars.  They are easy to come by, no modifications needed, and they are super comfortable, and give great steering.

IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/17/12 at 09:50:01

found these drag bars too, now to decide which to buy....

https://www.denniskirk.com/khrome-werks/black-custom-bend-low-rise-drag-bars....

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/17/12 at 10:59:46

Those low-rise drag bars look great; you could install them upside down and get a stance that's close to a clubman, but not nearly as radical.

For my bike, I found a bar from a modern triumph Bonneville on Ebay for $30. I haven't finished putting it together yet, but sitting on it I really like the feel. I installed them upside down; clubman style, but they are not as radically low, and they are also wider, which should give me a more solid sense of control; I've ridden several bikes with very sporty clip-ons, and while I am sure they are perfect for the track, I personally like a slightly more relaxed sporting ride out on public roads (if that makes any sense...)

Here are some super-crappy pictures of how they look installed; keep in mind, I am doing a RYCA-like roadster, so it's going to be completely different from your stock bike. These kind of bars might not feel so good at all with the stock Savage's forward foot positioning; but it's all very personal, and it might take a few experiments to find what suits you best.

IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 04/17/12 at 12:06:31

https://www.denniskirk.com/khrome-werks/black-custom-bend-low-rise-drag-bars....

Anyone have a similar bar setup? Would love to hear about how it fits you and rides. Also do all of those specs for those KromeWerks bars look ok to bolt right on to the Savage?

IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/18/12 at 07:38:36

teabowl13 wrote on 04/17/12 at 10:59:46:
Those low-rise drag bars look great; you could install them upside down and get a stance that's close to a clubman, but not nearly as radical.

For my bike, I found a bar from a modern triumph Bonneville on Ebay for $30. I haven't finished putting it together yet, but sitting on it I really like the feel. I installed them upside down; clubman style, but they are not as radically low, and they are also wider, which should give me a more solid sense of control; I've ridden several bikes with very sporty clip-ons, and while I am sure they are perfect for the track, I personally like a slightly more relaxed sporting ride out on public roads (if that makes any sense...)

Here are some super-crappy pictures of how they look installed; keep in mind, I am doing a RYCA-like roadster, so it's going to be completely different from your stock bike. These kind of bars might not feel so good at all with the stock Savage's forward foot positioning; but it's all very personal, and it might take a few experiments to find what suits you best.

[img]http://p1.bikepics.com/2011/12/11/bikepics-2314670-full.jpg [img]

[img]http://p1.bikepics.com/2011/12/11/bikepics-2314671-full.jpg [img]

Would you say that your bars are somewhat similar in geometry to the Dennis Kirk bars I posted? Planning on getting those or the black clubmans on ebay.

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 04/18/12 at 08:04:20

thomasoconnor19 wrote on 04/18/12 at 07:38:36:
Would you say that your bars are somewhat similar in geometry to the Dennis Kirk bars I posted? Planning on getting those or the black clubmans on ebay.

That's what caught my eye... Those Dennis Kirk bars look a LOT like the ones I found. I was looking for something that looked like clubman's but were not so radical.
Since you are coming from stock bars, you may even want to try using the Dennis Kirk bars right-side-up. They are basically like a super-bike bar, and I've used those on almost all of the bikes I've owned. I really like that upright position for everyday riding. I get a lot of control as well as a better view of the road and the world around me.
I also suspect that you will find that a less radical change in the bar position will make a lot more difference to your riding than you might imagine...
I've even considered using my bars right-side-up on my roadster. Even though the clubman style looks cooler, I really do want it to be comfortable all day... or as much as it can be.
Those bars at least give you both options; the clubman's might work right-side-up, but not very well, and they will look pretty goofy that way too, I think...
Were it me, I'd get the Dennis Kirk bars...

IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 04/18/12 at 11:37:19

Ok cool. Just ordered up the DennisKirk bars. I will post some pics and thoughts once I have them on!

IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 04/23/12 at 20:52:26

Got the bars installed tonight. Still haven't ridden it yet, but it seems to feel good just from sitting on the bike. Much better than the stock bars. They don't hit the gas tank which is great...I can still play with the angle a bit. Only problem is that the grooved areas dont line up with the handlebar clamps....I don't think it will be a problem though.

IP Logged
teabowl13
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 04/24/12 at 04:10:34

Those look awesome!
And no, the grooved areas shouldn't be a problem; lots of bars don't have that at all. It's just a little unsightly. You could probably paint that part black with some model paint and you'll hardly notice it at all....

IP Logged
martinfilms34

Teenagers ride
savages too!

Orlando, Florida
Reply #25 - 04/24/12 at 15:37:39

Im in the same dilemma as you are, Im pretty sure i wanna go with clubman bars. Can anyone recommend me some affordable clubman bars that will go on without risers?

IP Logged
Epeck

Yes it's a suzuki.
No you cant have it
harley owne

Jacksonville Florida
Reply #26 - 04/30/12 at 12:31:44

skeebo wrote on 04/16/12 at 08:43:01:
Air-Tech is a good source for clubmans and clip-ons, I've bought fairings and seat material from them also. These bars are 28'' wide 5 deg. backsweep with adjustable stops (no fork lock courtesy of previous owner)

So Air-tech is where your bars are from? I really want a pair just like the ones on your bike.

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #27 - 04/30/12 at 13:48:17

martinfilms34 wrote on 04/24/12 at 15:37:39:
Im in the same dilemma as you are, Im pretty sure i wanna go with clubman bars. Can anyone recommend me some affordable clubman bars that will go on without risers?

I found a pair of great clubmans on fleabay for 65 bucks shipped to my house.

IP Logged
thomasoconnor19

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 07/20/12 at 14:06:59

anyone put on the 1" clubman bars? i need to buy new bars and am wondering how those work out for people?

IP Logged
Albert Verdugo

Riding is freedom!

Baja California
Reply #29 - 02/14/15 at 18:51:17

skeebo wrote on 04/16/12 at 08:43:01:
Air-Tech is a good source for clubmans and clip-ons, I've bought fairings and seat material from them also. These bars are 28'' wide 5 deg. backsweep with adjustable stops (no fork lock courtesy of previous owner)

I just recently made this mod in mi s40, but the handelbars hts the tank, how do you managed this problem?

do you have some closeups of your handlebars?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:17:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clip ons vs. drag vs. clubman handlebars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.