Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
dropped my cam chain and lost my mark!!! how do i (Read 50 times)
chad levert

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

louisiana
dropped my cam chain and lost my mark!!! how do i
04/11/12 at 20:10:53

took my topend apart down to the head gasket, to change gaskets.

when we were about to pull the head i turned the engine to TDC and put a mark on the cam chain and cam gear   that's not how you do it

went to pull the head and my buddy dropped slack on the cam chain and lost position

so how do i reassemble with the cam perfectly insync with the crank??

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: dropped my cam chain and lost my mark!!! how d
Reply #1 - 04/11/12 at 20:28:27

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1256079122

This assumes you have a Clymers manual that has been corrected for known errors.   ie you aren't rotating the crank backwards to do all the lining up and stuff

At top dead center of the compression stroke you line up the timing marks on the rotor to the case marks, put the cam in with all the lobes pointing down and put the marks on the cam sprocket flat in line with the head/cover junction as shown in the pictures.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: dropped my cam chain and lost my mark!!! how d
Reply #2 - 04/11/12 at 23:04:15

The chain has no understanding of where it lines up on the gears, the cam is marked, hard to see, but marked, those lines lay horizontal, lined up with the top of the head./ Set the piston at TDC, lay the lumps down on the cam, line up the lines, put the chain on,,
LOOK Carefully at those lines on the cam & look Carefully ( Get your eyeball Down Level with the marks inside the left cover port.,) & make certain its still at tdc.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 00:56:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › dropped my cam chain and lost my mark!!! how do i

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.