Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
hehehe this is gonna be good (Read 1011 times)
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
hehehe this is gonna be good
03/28/12 at 15:53:40

So heres a few pics of whats in the works. Head is off and headed to work with me tomorrow for some super secret massaging. New rings, gaskets, seals, clutch springs, and a few other toys. Basically rebuilding the whole motor. No big bore though sadly..... Oh yeah.... A jockey shift....... Hehehehe

IMAG0013.jpg

01 savage, voodoo vintage short chop frame, lowered forks, chain conversion, re-jetted, total badass attittude, Straight pipe, alien gas tank.
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Re: hehehe this is gonna be good
Reply #1 - 03/28/12 at 15:55:49

Another

IMAG0012.jpg

01 savage, voodoo vintage short chop frame, lowered forks, chain conversion, re-jetted, total badass attittude, Straight pipe, alien gas tank.
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #2 - 03/28/12 at 15:56:33

One more

IMAG0014.jpg

IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #3 - 03/29/12 at 14:30:45

Teaser shot

IMAG0016.jpg

IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #4 - 04/06/12 at 08:48:01

Ok, so the head has been shaved by only 0.010, essentially enough to resurface it, polished the valves and seats, mild port/polish on the exhaust side, and a groove job. Measured and programed for new lifters. Rollers instead of pushrods, lifters from 400 series stainless with titanium rollers. If I can sneak the parts through trying to get everything that moves in the head titanium nitride coated. Just trying to setup for ordering a big bore kit and programming a stroker crank one of these days. Mastercam is such a wonderful thing to have hehehehe. At one point im going to have to get a bigger carb huh? Custom cut black onyx gaskets are on the way! Has anyone heard of modifieing an ignition coil from another bike to fire this thing? Im worried that the stock ignition is not up to the task and a hotter plug and coil will really wake this motor up when im done. Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 04/06/12 at 09:02:48

Lifters?

Rollers instead of Pushrods?

Hey dude, April Fools day is over -- you missed it by like 5 days

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #6 - 04/06/12 at 09:07:02

The tappets or whatever theyre called haha rockers there we go deeeeerrrr........

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 04/06/12 at 09:37:42

If youre gonna use stiffer clutch springs, you mite find yourself in a bind.. those clutch throwout levers are a weak point. I put washers under my springs & mine broke in about 5,000 miles., They break on others who havent done anything,, You really dont want that hunk flying around in there, its big & could do a lot of damage. I got very lucky,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #8 - 04/06/12 at 09:40:01

Thanks for the pointer. Last thing I need is more metal bits flying around in the motor

IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #9 - 04/06/12 at 09:47:03

So if stiffer clutch springs are bad juju what can I do to get the clutch a little grabbier? Cant use heavier oil..... Is there a spacer i can put behind the pressure plates perhaps? Anyone tried this?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 04/06/12 at 09:59:07

Is the clutch slipping?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #11 - 04/06/12 at 10:23:55

No but im doing a lot of work that will add some more power, Nd with the way I roll, a tighter clutch would suit me beautifully

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 04/06/12 at 10:39:18

Where will this extra power come from?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #13 - 04/06/12 at 10:41:48

All the head work im doing and the eventual big bore/ stroker I wish to do hahaha

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #14 - 04/06/12 at 11:15:36

Serowbot, it is easy to make enough extra hp to make your clutch slip, just take the bike all apart and put it back together with new 400 stainless lifters & pushrods.

Heck, Bill does it all the time.    (He cheats and uses a special oil though)

Me, I feel all left out with me using a standard clutch pack in my standard ol' granny sickle.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:17:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › hehehe this is gonna be good

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.