Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
1986 ignition connection (Read 36 times)
dfrnt7
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ATX USA
1986 ignition connection
03/13/12 at 10:58:45

hey guys! im new hear and so glad i found yall! i have a 1986 savage i started chopping a while back and im stuck on this. hope someone can help! all i have left is a few button ups and its on the road.
so to my question.

what i have run into is a few wires pulled out of the ignition connection and i do not know what slot they go to. if anyone has a diagram or pictures of the wire side of the connection top and bootom that would be awesome! or even if you could look at your connecton and give what color wires go into what slot! please help i cant wait to ride this thing!

Photo01211700.jpg

loud pipes save lives!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: 1986 ignition connection
Reply #1 - 03/13/12 at 11:27:24

Here's everything to know about the CDI box...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1293638302/0

What's the front end out of?

WWW   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 03/13/12 at 11:55:26

Interesting chop you've got going there.  Shocked

Looks like a full on custom hardtail frame, different front end, but you stuck with the stock belt setup rather than switching to a chain like every other "chop" I've seen.

You're going to have to give us some more drool-worthy details about what you've done with this bike!  Huh

(I love the tank with sight gauge too!)

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
dfrnt7
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

ATX USA
Reply #3 - 03/13/12 at 13:19:33

ive seen that diagram of the ignitor plug before but was not sure what year model it was for. 86 though? we'll try it out, but all fingers crossed! dont want to end up like those pics!!!

the front end is off af a dirt bike, not sure what make and model! i got it in a swap deal. im a big guy so i needed to make this little bike big enough to be comfortable! i did keep the sock drive train, built the frame around it actually! the last thing i did there was cut the swing arm and the upright tubes on the sock frame off, kind of hard to F it up that way! everything that is not stock on it, i made from scratch! even made some different bars then the ones you see. when i get it finished ill make sure i post all kinds of pics for yall

loud pipes save lives!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:37:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 1986 ignition connection

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.