Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
No more dealer storage! (Read 261 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: No more dealer storage!
Reply #15 - 03/13/12 at 04:23:06

Retread wrote on 03/12/12 at 21:57:28:
Routy wrote on 03/12/12 at 21:50:05:
Fogging (sometimes called pickling) is usually done by drowning out an engine w/ your choice of oil, or oil supplement,.....it doesn't really matter what you use,.....thin motor oil works just fine,..... Marvel Mystery Oil is common.
You just hold the engine at a fast idle, and pour or spray it in the intake fast enough to kill it. This fogs everything, including the top end...... valves etc.
I have seen this done before, although you take the chance of hydraulic lock, saw a guy bust a rod on an old Beezer once doing this...

The commercials all do it this way. I doubt we are talking even close to the magnitude you are

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/13/12 at 07:14:46

Borracho wrote on 03/12/12 at 23:09:16:
Curious about the winterizing, as I have always lived in Phoenix. One time it got so cold here, I almost had to think about wearing a coat.  Wink

Wouldn't it be simpler to just start it up for a couple minutes every week or two?

I ask because I am planning to move to a much colder climate later this year...

Thats what I do with my machines, except I do use a maintainer, cold temps tend to drain batterys..

Your correct Routy, usually that method of fogging does OK, the Beezer I refer to had dome pistons, looking at 10:1 compression.. I just don't think its needed for a three month store, in a dry place...

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Finney138

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/13/12 at 16:38:48

when i think winterize im thinkin bike in a barn for 4-6 months with snow up to my knees or more to get to it and when ya get there the doors are frozen shut. ohh canada ,frig eh ,dont need a fridge tho i just put my beer in the snow outside my igloo.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 03/13/12 at 23:34:02

Retread said

Thats what I do with my machines, except I do use a maintainer, cold temps tend to drain batterys..

I think the real culprit there is cold slows the chemical activity. I know, thats hair splitting, but its 1;30, listening to Noory, interesting stuff, Im trying to not fall asleep..anyway, you know you can stir up some epoxies & put them in the freezer & it wont cure?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #19 - 03/14/12 at 01:14:12

I put a cover on mine,They stay in a dry garage that don't get below 32. 5 month later they start right up no battery maintenance at all.They do have Sea Foam in them.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:44:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › No more dealer storage!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.