Send Topic Print
synthetic oil? (Read 1868 times)
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
Re: synthetic oil?
Reply #165 - 03/14/12 at 18:51:43

Umm so ok its been a while since i posted anything but had to... Versy / Ol Feller... Dam you two are scary smart when it comes to this oil stuff ... Like who the crap knew what cP was? Thats usually what i du after some beers... Cool  Any who i just roll with T6 with a coupla ounces of MotorKote and the ol girl seems happy so hey i stay with it...no none nadda clutch slippages no more! Angry Psst! Dooont use Schaffers 20w50 in our bikes... You will NOT like the results...least yer clutch wont! Their ad says its safe for common Sump trannys ... As bugs bunny usta say... DOOONT YOOU BEELIEEVE IT...

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #166 - 03/15/12 at 10:46:34

https://www.motorkote.com

Additive junkies -- ya jest gotta love them.  

This stuff doesn't even say what it does to help your engine.   Description sounds a lot like STP's historical 1960's stuff or the Slick 50 adds from the 90's.

This sounds sorta like a boundary film PTFE type of additive, which would be stone bad news for a wet clutch if this is the true case.   IF -- once again it is all a secret.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #167 - 03/24/12 at 11:08:25

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/15/12 at 10:46:34:

https://www.motorkote.com

Additive junkies -- ya jest gotta love them.  

This stuff doesn't even say what it does to help your engine.   Description sounds a lot like STP's historical 1960's stuff or the Slick 50 adds from the 90's.

This sounds sorta like a boundary film PTFE type of additive, which would be stone bad news for a wet clutch if this is the true case.   IF -- once again it is all a secret.

All i can attest to my friend is that ive been using the stuff for over what 2 years and better than 6k miles on both my S40 an 10k on the  royalstar and both have been improved in clutch and performance.

Before i tried it back in '09 i followed some posts at my royalstar forum.. have a peek if yer instrested... so far nothin but good results as it does not blend with the oil whatsoever... im sold on it for one...
now there is a threat on BITOG about TUFOIL/Motorkote but doesnt appear to affect motorkote whatsoever... talks more about TUFOIL and chlorine...I know motorkote states in their advertising No cholrine and its been around fer years an no lawsuits from the FEDS about false advertising like some of the other additives ... but hey like anything its what floats yer boat... Anywho check out these if yer interested...

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39828&highlight=motorkote

An thats WITH using Rotella T6 Oyl...  Cool  Good Stuff fer me...

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #168 - 03/24/12 at 11:36:57

Whatever it really is .....

However it really functions .....

You likes it.

We hereby award you with the 2012 Bill award for "unquestioning faith in an oil additive"  subset "contradictory and unsupported marketing claims"

Congratulations !!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #169 - 03/24/12 at 13:48:41

Ill start usin a SYN Thetical oil when I get me a SYN Thetical Motor,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #170 - 03/24/12 at 14:13:18

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/24/12 at 11:36:57:
Whatever it really is .....

However it really functions .....

You likes it.

We hereby award you with the 2012 Bill award for "unquestioning faith in an oil additive"  subset "contradictory and unsupported marketing claims"

Congratulations !!

Grin Grin  Eh... What the hell do i know anyways?  Grin Grin  You DIDNT havta award me a Bill award though... .Sheesh  Tongue

2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #171 - 03/27/12 at 17:29:38

If you were a chemical engineer with years and years of experience developing and testing motor oils for air-cooled motors (IOW, a REAL expert, not a forum-opinionater), you'd know that putting additives in a name-brand oil developed for that purpose would only degrade the performance of the oil.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #172 - 03/27/12 at 17:56:36

Heck Fire! Mite as well dump wheat germ in it..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #173 - 03/27/12 at 20:38:26

Me happy cave man camper !!!

Me throw no rocks at innocents, me actually have used "additive" called ZDDP Booster which contains high quality (high vapor temperature) ZDDP concentrate cut with a known good group III based synthetic base oil.  

Me used it according to mix recommendations, to achieve a certain PPM level as requested by Web Cam through research done by their distributor (Lancer) in order to give happy 500 mile break in period to hot assed new Stage II cam.

Me know what is in it, why it should work and what it does for me.

Me might throw a bone or two at people who use what they know not what it is for reasons they can't explain -- me give Bill awards out only as needed.

ugh ....

Cheesy

Old Cave Feller

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #174 - 03/27/12 at 21:34:43

ZDDP Used to be common in oil,removed for EPA regs, right? I dont think using that even qualifies as an additive, just puttin back what otta been there in the first place, IMO.
If you want your Guzzi to run long, youll add it to the rear end,

IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #175 - 03/27/12 at 21:40:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/27/12 at 21:34:43:
ZDDP Used to be common in oil,removed for EPA regs, right? I dont think using that even qualifies as an additive, just puttin back what otta been there in the first place, IMO.
If you want your Guzzi to run long, youll add it to the rear end,

I believe it clogs the catalytic converters on cars.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #176 - 03/27/12 at 22:33:31

Thats what I was thinking I remembered,, surely we cant Both be wrong,

right?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #177 - 03/28/12 at 09:09:19

Ain't got no catalytic converters on a Savage to clog up -- got some flat tappets though that need the ZDDP or they will flat fail on you over twenty something thousand miles.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #178 - 03/28/12 at 13:20:39

Gyrobob wrote on 03/27/12 at 17:29:38:
If you were a chemical engineer with years and years of experience developing and testing motor oils for air-cooled motors (IOW, a REAL expert, not a forum-opinionater), you'd know that putting additives in a name-brand oil developed for that purpose would only degrade the performance of the oil.

Cool You could say Ive tried "chemical engineering"  I found out that the chemicals in beer dont mix well with the chemicals in cornsqueezins...
Well the chemicals in my body when i was younger didnt mix well with Everclear either... Sheesh those were INTERESTING TIMES! .. Shocked

2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #179 - 03/28/12 at 13:21:09

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 03/27/12 at 20:38:26:

Me happy cave man camper !!!

Me throw no rocks at innocents, me actually have used "additive" called ZDDP Booster which contains high quality (high vapor temperature) ZDDP concentrate cut with a known good group III based synthetic base oil.  

Me used it according to mix recommendations, to achieve a certain PPM level as requested by Web Cam through research done by their distributor (Lancer) in order to give happy 500 mile break in period to hot assed new Stage II cam.

Me know what is in it, why it should work and what it does for me.

Me might throw a bone or two at people who use what they know not what it is for reasons they can't explain -- me give Bill awards out only as needed.

ugh ....

Cheesy

Old Cave Feller

Grin Grin I enjoyed that one!  Grin Grin

2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:26:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › synthetic oil?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.