Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
about to get started on some winter madness (Read 124 times)
Finney138

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

about to get started on some winter madness
02/18/12 at 06:58:56

about to start up on my bike again, just got knee surgery 2 weeks ago so im gonna have a bit of time on my hands for the next little while, i would like to order some parts while im on crutches then hopefully they will get here when im good to go.

just before winter i tore the whole bike down in prep for this so theres no way out haha

I need to pick up a good gasket and bolt set (suggestions ?)

i would like to go for it and get the vm 38 ,stage 2 cam ,shape my intake and exhaust port a little better, get a better breathing header(suggestions?), and do the whole big bore deal, kind of upset to find out i cant go to 97 mm but what can ya do, i was looking forward to getting up to 700 ccs tho

i realize i will have to beef up my clutch, and while i have the motor apart i will check my cam chain tensioner.

the rest of the bike is getting a makeover too, my mind changes like the weather around here tho so thats going to be as much of a surprise for me as it will be for you guys, i'll try to keep posting pictures.

wouldnt mind some links or some direction for parts ,words of wisdom ,anything lol

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: about to get started on some winter madness
Reply #1 - 02/18/12 at 13:24:38

lancer should be able to help with the hi-pro parts

WWW   IP Logged
Finney138

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/29/12 at 07:35:25

LANCER!
did you get my pm? get back to me when you get a chance please.

IP Logged
Finney138

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/01/12 at 13:52:35

Was able to hobble around enough to get my motor in from the barn and tear it down. Everything was smooth coming apart, cam chain tensioner is good to go. my cam is pitted on the top of each lobe, not a big deal, im in the market for a resurfacing on that anyway.

I found a 97mm piston and a place to do the bore, thats gonna be about $250 , starting to get really excited about this haha

now if i could just get that cam ...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 00:27:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › about to get started on some winter madness

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.