Send Topic Print
Carb jets (Read 100 times)
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Carb jets
02/12/12 at 13:22:58

Is there a way to tell what size jets are in the carb? The previous owner/ builder re-jetted it but doesnt remember which ones he used. Im thing of going with a cherry bomb to replace this straight pipe. Im not overly concerned with backfires on decel or the whoompf sound in shutdown. In fact i like the whoompf sound hahahaha but any help if i do go this route will be appreciated. Planned to put a sharper bend (u-bend) and run the pipe on TOP of the trans due to where my foot controls are, straight back and dump down next to the axle, then wrap it all with a fiberglass wrap to keep it uniform. And as you can see its running a cone filter.. So any advice will be welcome, or ideas. Whatever keeps me from being so prone to noise violations. But I will need tips on the tuning once its together.

IMAG0157.jpg

01 savage, voodoo vintage short chop frame, lowered forks, chain conversion, re-jetted, total badass attittude, Straight pipe, alien gas tank.
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Re: Carb jets
Reply #1 - 02/12/12 at 13:24:50

This is the carb and air cleaner

IMAG0155.jpg

01 savage, voodoo vintage short chop frame, lowered forks, chain conversion, re-jetted, total badass attittude, Straight pipe, alien gas tank.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 02/12/12 at 13:42:03

only way is to drop the bowl and put an eyeball on it.

WWW   IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #3 - 02/12/12 at 14:07:09

Is there a number stamped on it or do i tell by putting a set of venier calipers to it?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 02/12/12 at 14:11:10

The number is stamped on them, although you might need a magnefying glass to see them. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 02/12/12 at 14:51:50

number stamped on the side facing down.

WWW   IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #6 - 02/12/12 at 14:52:11

The number is stamped next to a square symbol on both jets.

on the main jet, you can look at it without taking it out, as the number is stamped on the top. however, on the pilot jet, the number is stamped on the side so you'll have to pull that one out.

Use as big of a screwdriver as you can and be careful not to mar the heads of the jets as they are soft brass.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #7 - 02/12/12 at 15:03:39

Good to know guys. Thanks. Does anyone have issues with thier bike not wanting to start when its cold? What could cause this? Too rich maybe?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 02/12/12 at 15:11:19

How cold?
and what do you do to start?
what do you in the summer?

WWW   IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #9 - 02/12/12 at 15:15:54

Anything below 70 and she doesnt like to start at all. I let it turn over for aboit 2 seconds at a time touching the throttle a bit but nothing. Warmer days it starts right up but still needs half choke for a minute before it will idle. Thinking on cold mornings im going to take a hair blower to it to preheat it.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 02/12/12 at 16:07:09

k9500winmag wrote on 02/12/12 at 15:15:54:
Anything below 70 and she doesnt like to start at all. I let it turn over for aboit 2 seconds at a time touching the throttle a bit but nothing. Warmer days it starts right up but still needs half choke for a minute before it will idle. Thinking on cold mornings im going to take a hair blower to it to preheat it.

Your idle jet sounds a tad lean.
You don't choke it at all to start?
Sounds like full choke is called for.

WWW   IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #11 - 02/12/12 at 16:31:49

I will give it a shot once the batt is charged again lol killed mostly dead trying this morning. Ooooops

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 02/12/12 at 17:04:24

What oil is in the bike?...
If you just got it, and don't know,... change it... it might be too heavy (like straight 30w)... use a 10w40. or even a 5w50 for winter and she'll crank easier...
Is you battery pretty new?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
k9500winmag

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

florida
Reply #13 - 02/12/12 at 17:07:53

Batt is older, going to get a new one anyways and put the 10w40 oil in it. Once I get into doing this new exhaust ive got to play with tuning as well.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:23:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb jets

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.