Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Free Parts With A Catch (Read 102 times)
MulletViper

Professional
Rivethead

Free Parts With A Catch
02/11/12 at 12:49:58

I'm not sure if this is the proper board to post this. I stole this idea from another site and thought it would be helpful for some builders on this site.

This thread is all about helping out your fellow broke builder, so there are a few rules:

1: Don't ask for parts unless you offer something up first, this isn't a parts wanted thread

2: Offer up parts you know you aren't going to use

3: If someone claims a part that is offered up, they must cover shipping and offer up a part in return

4: If someone claims a part you posted, go back and edit your posting with who claimed the part

5: If you claim a part, post a picture of you using it

IP Logged
MulletViper

Professional
Rivethead

Re: Free Parts With A Catch
Reply #1 - 02/11/12 at 12:58:07

I have some front turn signals and buckhorn bars from an 87 savage. I also have a catseye tailight and a box full of bullet style marker lights. I can also make one-off sissy bars that will bolt right into the stock side rails if anyone's interested in trading homemade goods.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/11/12 at 13:15:24

Gee,, I Need a turn signal, I offer up my broken one!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #3 - 02/12/12 at 22:37:18

MulletViper wrote on 02/11/12 at 12:58:07:
I have some front turn signals and buckhorn bars from an 87 savage. I also have a catseye tailight and a box full of bullet style marker lights. I can also make one-off sissy bars that will bolt right into the stock side rails if anyone's interested in trading homemade goods.

Gee, dass' funny, I have an '88 Savage and thought the Mk I Savages (4-speeds) all came with drag bars.

Must be with the US vs. EU import models, I suppose ?
Wiring loom the same or do you need longer wires to reach the switchgear ?

What kind of (non-perishable) homemade goods are you interested in?

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #4 - 02/13/12 at 15:59:27

I have a "broken" carb off a 2002 that has the air screw jammed in and i have a number of jets that go with it that I no longer need.

the carb would be a good reference for someone, and everything else is in good working order if you need a diaphragm, springs, or whatnot.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
MulletViper

Professional
Rivethead

Reply #5 - 02/14/12 at 06:32:03

mpescatori wrote on 02/12/12 at 22:37:18:
MulletViper wrote on 02/11/12 at 12:58:07:

Gee, dass' funny, I have an '88 Savage and thought the Mk I Savages (4-speeds) all came with drag bars.

Must be with the US vs. EU import models, I suppose ?
Wiring loom the same or do you need longer wires to reach the switchgear ?

What kind of (non-perishable) homemade goods are you interested in?

I know the models with drags have shorter wires, but I'm fairly certain the buckhorns will still work. Just may be a tight fit.

As for home goods, I'd be interested in some frisco style handlebars if you could make some. Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:31:44

General CategoryThe Cafe › Free Parts With A Catch

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.