Send Topic Print
Harley question (Read 296 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Harley question
Reply #15 - 01/31/12 at 01:09:19

It should go to a home in another state. Not to a motorcycle gang member.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #16 - 01/31/12 at 06:43:20

Most hurleys are yuppie garage wall flowers anyway -- ridden several times a year for hurley processionals called "rides for this, or ride for that".   A standard hurley ride won't stress that joint very much.

Your mistake was to take one up into the mountains on a real ride where it would get rolled on and off several thousand times a day, decelerating and accelerating constantly.

I understand what you did, you were searching for that elusive "better bike" something that I did twice.  I finally realized that I already owned the better bike, and the rest are gone now (and not really missed all that much to tell the truth).

So you bought yourself "a better bike", we have all gone and done it and learned our lesson.  It all is part of the Savage experience.

Be sure to state on whatever paperwork you do that the bike is being sold "AS IS" and with no transfer of warranty or performance expectations.    Motor shaft is supposed to be harder than the pulley, majority of wear is supposed to take place inside the pulley, not on the shaft.  Crank is defective to my way of thinking.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 01/31/12 at 23:25:47

O-no

I'm not sure ya'll understand ...  I spent two day welding and cutting down then welding the low spots again till it fit the matting splines as good or better than the factory had it.   I supect the weld metal is better metal that the factory stuff too , Mig weld gas wire (.035").

To take the "drive sprocket" off the clutch sprocket has to come of at the same time (primary chain doin't bend sideways).   I tested the metal its made out of with a file while it was out.   It ain't case hardened either !!!!   Huh

Just SORRY stuff !!!

How Harley ever got such a following is beyond me ???  Undecided

I'm thinking of trading it in on a XL650 Honda.   They have real rolling bearning for the cam to spin in !     Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 02/01/12 at 08:52:47

Wow! That's a fine art work you did!! Kudos!

IP Logged
liltimmy
YaBB Newbies

Have a Thumpin' good
time!

Paradise
Reply #19 - 02/01/12 at 09:16:34

My wife bought my thumper for me for fathers day a few years back. She would never have disappointed me with a Harley. Grin

Hey Suzuki, give it up, it's still a SAVAGE !!!!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 02/01/12 at 20:29:41

Liltimmy good for you wife !    Do you think she might give my wife a few pointers in the art of gift giving ?  Grin

I tried on of the Honda XL650 on for size today ... could barely touch the ground and it the seat postion is alfull ,

I might just have to become a One Bike Person.

I probley should say "Thanks" to everbody who help me get over the "Harley Blues" !!!!         Just another one of Lifes little lessons.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:34:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Harley question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.