Send Topic Print
Crankcase clutch arm (Read 63 times)
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Crankcase clutch arm
01/17/12 at 12:09:57

I recently installed the Verslavy and I didn't realize that when I put my crankcase back together that the arm in the pic was in a HORIZONTAL position (like in the pic, but that's not my bike). The arm used to be in a lower position roughly 30 degrees. I did notice some slack in the clutch lever (which I adjusted) when I put the crankcase back together... I can't tell if the engine is slows itself more (when you let the engine slow the bike instead of braking) with it like this or not (doesn't seem as smooth but could be in my head)... however, my gears used to not "catch" before (ALOT), but that has stopped.

So the question is, did I do it right or is there any special way you're supposed to put that right side case back on? (I can't tell clearly from the Clymers manual, and I don't want to keep taking it off to play with it becauce I just put on new gaskets for everything)

« Last Edit: 01/17/12 at 15:42:41 by Built2Last »  
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Crankcase clutch arm
Reply #1 - 01/17/12 at 14:49:10

Looks just like mine and mine's never been apart.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #2 - 01/17/12 at 14:58:58

I've looked through tons of pics, the majority of them are where they are in that pic... all I know is that something seems different but my gears always catch when shifting now.. so I hope it's right  Cheesy

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 01/17/12 at 15:21:29

Built: Has anyone ever told you (girlfriend maybe) that you are a touch paranoid? Wink

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #4 - 01/17/12 at 15:25:01

Yep... but seriously something feels a little different even though the gears are changing great...

And just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get ya  Cheesy

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 01/17/12 at 15:29:43

Of course it would feel different- you adjusted the clutch.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #6 - 01/17/12 at 15:33:50

It's not the clutch that feels different, it's the engine and for awhile it wouldn't coast normally (as freely) with the clutch pulled in like it would in neutral... maybe I fixed it accidentally because the previous owner did something.. seems like the engine won't crank down after a hard rev as fast as it used to either...

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 01/17/12 at 17:03:14

Built2Last wrote on 01/17/12 at 15:33:50:
It's not the clutch that feels different, it's the engine and for awhile it wouldn't coast normally (as freely) with the clutch pulled in like it would in neutral... maybe I fixed it accidentally because the previous owner did something.. seems like the engine won't crank down after a hard rev as fast as it used to either...

Look at what you've done lately-air cleaner, crank case vent. That is probably the reason it feels different. It probably sounds a lot different too.
As far as coasting in neutral goes if your clutch was dragging you wouldn't be able to shift easily.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #8 - 01/17/12 at 18:39:38

True.. I'm gonna check it off as the previous owner not having the clutch lever adjusted correctly, and since no one else has chimed in I assume everything is in order and I accidentally fixed it Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 09:35:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Crankcase clutch arm

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.