Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
tank sealant (Read 127 times)
sbaugz
Ex Member

Re: tank sealant
Reply #15 - 11/27/11 at 09:30:13

Evapo-rust is absolutely fantastic stuff. I have a 1975 cb200 that I am restoring. It was sitting outside for 30 years in the rain and needless to say, it was coated in rust. A little soaking in evapo-rust and most parts are like new. It just eats away the rust without harming anything else, including paint. Well worth it!

Even if you just slosh some evapo-rust inside the tank to get rid of all the rust, then use some nails to clean up the caked on stuff, then rinse in acetone- you cold probably just stop there and not use a sealer. Just fill with gas and you are good to go.

Great, great stuff. I paid around $25 for a gallon from harbor freight. Wish I had known about pep boys, or I would have purchased there for cheaper according to motobuddha

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: tank sealant
Reply #16 - 11/28/11 at 10:38:17

I just noticed that in the Savage Scrambler thread there is a discussion about Evaporust.  He mentioned that he bought a gallon at AutoZone for about $10.  I looked online and everyone wanted $22-$26 per gallon plus shipping.  This area is retail deprived but we do have an AutoZone so I will see if they have any in the store.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 13:22:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › tank sealant

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.