Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A little mod to my 2k Sav. (Read 110 times)
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
A little mod to my 2k Sav.
11/27/11 at 21:56:55

I've not been on much of late. I picked up a very comfortable but very top heavy GS 850 that I thought would be my new road bike. Not to be. Too tall, too top heavy and not good enough in the mpg department. But it did come with the full set of the hard Vetter luggage which I love. So . . .

With my trailer hitch in place and the mounting hardware reversed the luggage bolted right into place on the Sav. And since the little woman won't ride I decided to make the Savage a single seat ride. That's why the mounting hardware had to go on backwards, so the back rest on the trunk becomes the backrest for the front saddle. If they luggage was on like designed the trunk would be sticking out about two feet farther back on the bike. Might make doing wheelies easier but that's about all it would do design wise.

I intend to trim the back seat down and put it back on under the trunk in case I wanted to haul somebody around in town. And the stock taillight will just fit under the trunk.

All in all I think I may have me a pretty nice road bike when this is finished although I'm going to miss my four gallon aux fule tank I had on the back. I know it looks pretty cool and these are just the pix-in-progress to show how things are going. Still a of of wiring to get done.

Go take a look. Comments/suggestions accepted.

http://www.bikepics.com/members/jazzcarter/00savage/

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 02:19:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A little mod to my 2k Sav.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.