Seasonal?? (Read 180 times)
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Seasonal??
10/22/11 at 14:54:40

Out on the bike I saw the billboard proudly announcing that the McRib sandwich is back.

Does anyone know why a processed pork sandwich is seasonal??

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Seasonal??
Reply #1 - 10/22/11 at 15:08:02

yes, and well seasoned.   Cool

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/22/11 at 15:18:50

'Cause that's when the McRibs are ripe... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/22/11 at 15:28:52

People are smart enough to not eat cardboard all year long?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #4 - 10/22/11 at 16:22:38

Finally! I've been waiting for them to come back in season, I love those things!

IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Reply #5 - 10/22/11 at 18:08:43

I have never tried one.  I try not to eat "meat" that has to be formed to a shape it should naturally have.

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #6 - 10/23/11 at 00:27:17

Late fall was traditionally when the pigs were slaughtered because they had grown all that they were going to that year on easy local grown feed (you really weren't gonna pay to buy feed to keep anything but one boar and the best young sows over the unproductive winter months).

The weather was cold enough now to preserve the meat during processing until it could get salted down for long term storage and the summer harvest was over now and the all the farm people were available for slaughter duty.

Pork prices still follow the seasonal dip as relatively more mature pigs hit the marketplace and when pork hits "dead bottom cheap" (beats the price of beef) the McRib comes back.

(yup, it's made up of all them little bitty pig noses and wee little pig toeses and them plucky little bitty pig peckers that the slaughter houses have to figure out how to do something with -- can't make but so much Neese's "sausage" bricks outta all them little bits and modern hot dogs are mostly beef now days so the McRib has jest gotta come back fer a little while to use up all them little pieces)

If you are the courageous type, pluck apart a chicken McNugget or a McRib to see what it is really made of ....

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #7 - 10/23/11 at 08:50:57

You just ruined McRibs for me.. darn IT.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/23/11 at 09:22:43

MrBrownTX wrote on 10/22/11 at 18:08:43:
I have never tried one.  I try not to eat "meat" that has to be formed to a shape it should naturally have.

Grin

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #9 - 10/23/11 at 11:47:11

Well let me ruin buffets for you too. Go to the restroom & watch how many leave without washing & head straight for the buffet. Or just the people who come in & go to the buffet with God knows what on their hands. I gave up buffet style food after seeing a guy come in with nasty hands & load up a plate. Angry That did it for me! Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 10/23/11 at 11:51:11

Built2Last wrote on 10/23/11 at 08:50:57:
You just ruined McRibs for me.. darn IT.

They tried calling them, McSnoutn'peckers...
...but, truth in advertising is not always a good idea... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #11 - 10/23/11 at 20:48:25

My friend who owns a McDonalds says it the same theory as Disney uses when they release old movies only at certain limited times.

The scarcity of the item makes it more desirable and therefore better overall sales.

Several other fast food places and restaurants do this too, but you usually dont notice it. Dunkin Donuts - pumpkin donuts in the fall; Starbucks - pumpkin spice latte available now but not in summer; Arbys - several types of Market Fresh sandwiches rotate in and out of their menu during the year; Applebees, IHOP and related all change their menus seasonally.

Having tried a McRib and knowing what is in it, I can attest to not having the desirablity issue and could care less when it reappears on the menu.  Roll Eyes

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #12 - 10/24/11 at 07:08:57

Not a big rib eater, too messy.  Kinda like chicken wings... ribs and wings get under my fingernails and I can't stand it, so I just don't eat them.

But I love pork chops, bacon and ham... Yum!  

Oh, we got a surprise a couple of weeks ago on our trail camera....  4 feral hogs!  Had never in all our years there ever seen any evidence of any, nor gotten any pictures of any.  I sure would love to shoot one of them for the meat!  Unfortunately, that one group of pics is all we have gotten.  Haven't seen them again.      

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #13 - 10/25/11 at 12:50:09

I ate at a McDonalds back in 1967 I had just come over from England,
I got real sick,I have never eaten there since,same thing happend to my sister,even the smell just driving by makes me wretch,the most disgusting place on earth to eat.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #14 - 10/26/11 at 18:40:59

If you have AM/PM (Arco) gas stations near you with a hot "foods" case, you can get them year round. Usually on sale for about $1.69.  Some kind of nasty.

Mick, Lisa and I call it "McSlimes" for a reason...

Oh, and if you like the Fillet o' Fish, don't buy it anymore. Trash fish, processed in China (mainland China), imported via a to remain nameless Seattle fish company. I've hauled trailer loads of breading mix from the factory, if you could smell it before the soybean oil gets blended in...

Wish we had the "barfy smilies" from the truck forum here...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 23:19:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › Seasonal??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.