Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: my bike with some mods
Reply #1 - 10/18/11 at 19:49:06

stood on my right ear and cleaned my glasses

still cant see nutiin but a yeller savage..

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
baker87

ridin since 06

venus tx
Reply #2 - 10/18/11 at 19:58:42

bottom pic shows 4 rubber shock bushings for the seat... i did the seat lift mod... third pic shows stock bike...... second shows painted plug door and painted crankcase vent cover and clutch side cover.... and custom bent exhaust tube for harley sportster muffler...
next painted tail light... painted lower fork, triple tree  Cooland wheel hubs....painted shocks.... drag bars... and diy socket risers....

ride hard/live hard
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #3 - 10/19/11 at 07:06:12

How about rotatin' them pics a bit, eh?  maybe to the left, say, ninety degrees or so?

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #4 - 10/19/11 at 10:03:53

Not to mention if you resize those pics to about 400 kb, they will fit in there real nicely, without having to scroll back and forth, or squint.

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/19/11 at 11:52:37

Good idea adding the rubber bushings under the seat.  Some of the higher seat mods leave the center unsupported to the point that the seat pan might fail.  My seat looks a little sway back after my seat mod but to some extent that helps to keep a person from sliding forward.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
baker87

ridin since 06

venus tx
Reply #6 - 10/20/11 at 10:14:37

to drums1 and Gyrobob and thumperclone sorry bout the pics... photobucket will not allow me to resize, crop, chop, or modify the pics.... i will work on making them smaller... adobe photoshop is down and dont have money to get the windows 7 version patch.... toengineer i modified it cause i still wasnt happy the seat mod.... next i will build a skirt that sits under it to clean up the gap...

ride hard/live hard
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #7 - 10/20/11 at 10:24:49

Maybe you need a Photobucket update, because editing, resizing, rotating and cropping are simple there.  
Open the individual picture in your Photobucket (not just the thumbnails of an entire folder), hover your mouse at the top of the photo and options appear!  File, Edit, Resize, Rotate, Share, Order Prints.... etc.  Also gives the capability to add text, draw on a pic, add special effects, borders, all kinds of stuff.

Oh, I love the yellow bikes.  You gonna leave it yellow?  And I really like the head cover painted black.  That looks sweet!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
baker87

ridin since 06

venus tx
Reply #8 - 10/20/11 at 11:58:34

babyhog yes i am leaving it yellow... looking to black out the entire bike, except the fenders and tank.... maybe yellow and black spokes on the wheels... and thanks, i sanded the head covers and painted them black.... the engine is about to get a high temp flat black paint job

ride hard/live hard
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #9 - 10/20/11 at 12:07:04

I used a similar mod for my '87 seat. I used auto shock absorber bushings. (GM front upper) Went to hardware store and got longer bolts and metal sleeves for inside the bushings. Worked great. I put 2 on each side in the front. I'm not worrying about the gap, as it can't be seen when I'm on it.
(This pic was cropped from a bigger one, then resized to 400 kb, using PhotoImpact, a program that came with my wifes old scanner from 10 years ago) (oooo la la)

IP Logged
baker87

ridin since 06

venus tx
Reply #10 - 10/20/11 at 12:21:45

drums1 my bushings are a frame bushings for a 6500hd chevy pickup..... $5 at autozone, they are polyurethane and gives me two inches of lift.... its just comfortable enough.... might do a sportster seat..... thinking of a wider rear fender.... maybe chopping an old tank i have from an 87 savage and making it two inched wider.... Cool

ride hard/live hard
  IP Logged
baker87

ridin since 06

venus tx
Reply #11 - 10/30/11 at 18:44:30

i gave my tank a 3/4 inch lift..... now it sits level with the head covers....

and did the socket riser mod.... waiting on some drag bars.... should be in soon

ride hard/live hard
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 04:20:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › my bike with some mods

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.