Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
shorter battery (Read 116 times)
beacon

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

shorter battery
10/11/11 at 09:49:09

Where can I find a shorter-than-stock battery that will fit in the Ryca battery box? No lithium ion or unobtainium, just a normal sealed lead/acid or AGM. Trying to make room for the rat's nest of wires and connectors.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: shorter battery
Reply #1 - 10/11/11 at 10:15:59

I'm intending to put the battery under the swing arm, but I didn't like the idea of using a "7" instead of a "14" so I got a "10".  It's just under 4" tall, but about a 1/2" longer.  Fits in the battery box if you leave the battery cover off.  It's too tall to fit under the arm w/o modifying the muffler bracket.  So I'm at a quanderary at what to do with it.

If the ryca box has some end room, I'm sure it would work for you.

WWW   IP Logged
kuri77

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rancho Santa Margarita, Ca
Reply #2 - 10/11/11 at 19:47:10

I took my wheel off to get the smog box off and see if I could get my Odyssey PC310 in there but it's a little too narrow.  Length of 5 and a half is no problem and height of 4 inches is okay.  But the muffler bracket is about 3 inches wide at its narrowest and the battery is 3 and a half.  Modification would be difficult and include cutting the bracket up and reworking it completely.  So leaving it in the battery box as is.  Still leaves lots of space around the carb.

Big Sur
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/13/11 at 14:16:38

YTZ7S = 4.44" x 2.75" x 4.13", 4.6 lbs, 130CCA , 6Ah, list price $137.50

The YTZ7S is powerful enough, much smaller than stock, much lighter than stock, and MOST IMPORTANTLY can be had on ebay for $30 for a chinese cheapy.

If you opt for this battery i recommend you have a battery charger as well. You can start and kill it over and over about a dozen times before it'll stop responding but dont leave your lights on unnecessarily. Only takes about 30 minutes to drain it enough that the bike wont start. I found out when chasing an electrical gremlin.

IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #4 - 10/13/11 at 21:36:09

BurnPgh wrote on 10/13/11 at 14:16:38:
YTZ7S = 4.44" x 2.75" x 4.13", 4.6 lbs, 130CCA , 6Ah, list price $137.50

The YTZ7S is powerful enough, much smaller than stock, much lighter than stock, and MOST IMPORTANTLY can be had on ebay for $30 for a chinese cheapy.

If you opt for this battery i recommend you have a battery charger as well. You can start and kill it over and over about a dozen times before it'll stop responding but dont leave your lights on unnecessarily. Only takes about 30 minutes to drain it enough that the bike wont start. I found out when chasing an electrical gremlin.

Seconded on all parts. I use this battery and tuck it away on the exhaust support under the swingarm. If you take a lot of little trips you can hear it noticeably get weaker, but it has been working well for me so far (just a few months, mind you).

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 16:19:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › shorter battery

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.