Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spark plugs & more & more again :( (Read 126 times)
bigdave
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spark plugs & more & more again :(
10/07/11 at 00:58:28

Ok so I'm back at the repairing of the bike. I replaced the spark plug but I think it's wrong. The orginal one used an 11/16 to be pulled out,which was a pain bc the socket didn't want to slide over the nut. The one Napa gave me took 5/8. When I tried firing the bike it sounded a lot better at trying to start than before but still no spark. Messed with different setting on petcock & it's broke. I've seen several posts on the Raptor petcock but can't find one around here for my bike. Everyone looks at me as if I'm crazy,not sure why. When I googled it it leads to all over the net.
Aldo the bikes been leaking lots of oil from the head gasket/to what I understand is a head gasket. It was only a small amt. At first but now its standing on 3 of the ribs/wings/layers of the engine. Could this leak be causing the bike to not fire?
Any suggestions on how to remove deep dents in the tank? It's in the front left bend. Or lots of rust on the left side of the pipe. Hopefully some of the people that's commented On my pevious posts of these issues can help since they know everything that's happened.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Spark plugs & more & more again :(
Reply #1 - 10/07/11 at 01:07:36

Everyone looks at me as if I'm crazy,not sure why.

Post a pic of yourself,, maybe I can at least answer this..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bigdave
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/07/11 at 01:59:24

Check out craigslist personals if you wanna see pics of crazies,I'm here to talk bikes.  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/07/11 at 02:34:22

As long as the threaded end of the plugs is the same, the socket size isnt a factor,

What do you mean "No S[park"? You tested the plug to SEE if there was spark? Naaah, YOu mean its not startin, right? Okay,, is it electriocal or fuel?? How to decide? Spray a flammable into the intake,, Still no go? Make REAL sure the battery is in Good Shape.. Thise thing will spin over & never fire if the battery is a tad lower than it wants.
Raptor /cocks are easy to get,, I Could ask if you have access to the internet, but that would be kinda on the Dumb side,, ehh? Go Get one,, online.

Until I see a pic, I cant begin to help with WHY people mite look at you like youre crazy,, sorry, but thats just how it is.. Me? I have a mirror & I Totally understand why they do it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bigdave
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/07/11 at 03:49:17

I was just trying to razell you back. Wink I sprayed starter fluid in it Yesterday & got nothing. battery is new & charged. I was told the rectifier might be going bad but unsure. Not sure how to check if im getting spark from the plug. 1 of the many things I haven't learned yet. & it's weird how it sounded trying to start it with the other plug compared to now with the new. The new makes it sound like it's 99% there & b4 it sounded like 75%.
Any pointers as to where to look for the petcock? eBay just has stock.

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #5 - 10/07/11 at 04:34:00

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660 YFM 660R. #5LP-24500-01-00

A little search is a wonderful thing Wink

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
bigdave
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/07/11 at 04:47:42

So the brand of the petcock isn't raptor, it actually comes off a yamaha raptor?

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #7 - 10/07/11 at 04:51:46

bigdave wrote on 10/07/11 at 04:47:42:
So the brand of the petcock isn't raptor, it actually comes off a yamaha raptor?

That is correct. That might have made the search a little more challenging.  Wink

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
bigdave
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/07/11 at 04:56:02

Thatd explain the weird looks & not finding the proper thing on Internet.  Shocked Lol
So thank you greatly for clarification of that.  Wink

IP Logged
spacepirates
Serious Thumper

Igni Ferroque

Pittsburgh, PA
Reply #9 - 10/07/11 at 07:02:06

Ron Ayers link:
http://www.ronayers.com/ProductDetails/N/687/SKU/808680

Might want to double check that is the right part, but I'm fairly sure it is.

Well worth the $16.30.

--
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #10 - 10/07/11 at 11:54:48

Take the plug off and while still in the boot, make sure the plug exposed metal ring touches the metal wings of the cylinder and fire the bike up. Should be a pretty strong blue spark.

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 10/08/11 at 17:41:25

One comment to add to Arnold's suggestion.  Do the spark test in the shade, not in the direct sun light.  You'll be able to see the spark easier.  When we were kids we just grabbed the plug wire but I don't enjoy that anymore.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:46:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Spark plugs & more & more again :(

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.