Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Belt adjustment and the rear dampers. (Read 48 times)
Jay
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Worth, Texas
Belt adjustment and the rear dampers.
09/22/11 at 22:21:02

I've done a search of RSD, and seen a good many entries on the subject of belt adjustment. One thing I did not see, and may have missed, was the effect of the rubber dampers in the rear wheel on belt alignment. Is it possible for them to expand and contract with temperature variations?
I have a slight squeek when I first start out. As the bike and belt warm up, the squeek goes away. I've also noticed that, when cold, my belt tends to track ever so slightly to the outside of the drive wheel at the rear; and after it's been ridden a while, and is all toasty warm, the belt is midline to slightly to the inside of the belt wheel (and the squeek is no more). It hasn't bothered me enough to check it much beyond the few times after I finally discovered what was causing the squeek. It's not effecting peerformance that I can tell, nor does it seem to be having any bad effects on the belt. I was just wondering if expansion and contraction of the rubber dampers in the rear wheel would cause that. Thanks.

You're invisible and naked.
Ride safe,
Jay
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Belt adjustment and the rear dampers.
Reply #1 - 09/22/11 at 22:50:38

Quit starin' at yer' belt,...  yer' gonna' kill yerself!...

Align your rear wheel,... and don't worry about the belt,... it'll find it's own track.
Yes,.. it'll track left and right, accel and decel will push and pull that rear pulley around,...
Waste of time tryin; to get anything straight there...

Huh...

PS... if you really want the the belt quiet,... bevel the teeth edges with a grinder...  I did....
Drastic measures...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 18:41:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Belt adjustment and the rear dampers.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.