Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Intros and a question... (Read 98 times)
JohnnyRocket
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Intros and a question...
09/09/11 at 13:26:04

Hey guys, new to the forum but have been browsing for the past week. I just traded my old katana for a savage recentley and after riding for a bit i love her!

Heres my question though, i currentley have her pulled apart and replacing the oil plug cap and while im in there im going to yank the white spacer for the carb and access the idle screw (i cant say enough thanks to Savage_Greg and all you guys for the write ups and info on here) but i was wondering if theres anything else i should do while i have the head cover off? The bike has 13,000 miles and runs very well but seeing as im new to the savage scene theyre might be something i should replace or modify while shes down for the count?

Thanks alot guys, from reading posts you all seem pretty cool and i think ill be much happier here than with the street bike guys haha

Ps if anyone reading this has a spare passenger footpeg for sale please let me know, the old lady is sick of only having a broken nub to put her feet on

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Intros and a question...
Reply #1 - 09/09/11 at 13:49:29

You might look at the cam chain tensioner. Verslavy1 has sells a modified tensioner that doubles the life of your cam chain.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #2 - 09/09/11 at 14:29:49

Hi Johnny, welcome to the forum.
If you post in the marketplace category for the footpeg, you might get a quicker response. A lot of guys on here are either bobbing or RYCAing their bikes, leaving uneeded footpegs laying around.
Other than that, you might wanna throw in a new spark plug while in there. And be careful that you're oil filter don't go in backwards. A few guys have done that by mistake.
Also, in the Technical Documents category, There is a list of links, detailing just about anything you need to do on your bike. If it ain't there, just ask.

IP Logged
ohio thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 09/09/11 at 15:46:09

welcome to the site.
my question to you is: if it runs so good, why would you want to mess with the carb? is there an issue with it? if it runs so good i would leave well enough alone.

IP Logged
JohnnyRocket
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/09/11 at 17:47:15

It runs well but obviously it still pops and backfires and needs alittle more mid range power, thus modifying the stock setup

IP Logged
ohio thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 09/10/11 at 08:47:32

that would have been nice to know in your first post about the backfiring and mid range power. you might want to check your valve clearance when you get the cover back on while your at it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:24:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Intros and a question...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.