Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Ls650 rider and just a few questions.. (Read 91 times)
MERKURMAN
YaBB Newbies

FNG

Fort Hood TX
New Ls650 rider and just a few questions..
09/10/11 at 04:32:51

First off I would like to say that I love the wealth of info about Savages on this forum.  I've been On here for about a week and had a few questions that have been answered in previous posts.  To that I would just like to say thank you to all of you that have shared info here.

I have recently purchased a 1988 savage ls650 with 13,xxx mi stock and am new to riding.  Its not in the greatest shape but so far is mechanically sound from what I can tell.  I have a buddy that has recently bought a HD wideglide and replaced his exaust.  I have been thinking about possibly using his stock muffler on my bike.  Has anyone ever installed one on there bike?  If so, if not, does anyone have any suggestions on where to start on a rejeting size or maybe a kit?  Or would even be worth my time?  I'm stationed at Fort Hood in central TX.  So I will be dealing with mostly HOT dry conditions. Usually 100+.  

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

Its all fun and games till someone gets poked in the eye with a sharp stick!
  IP Logged
AlphaBarney

Were you born to
resist, or be
abused?

Raleigh, NC
Re: New Ls650 rider and just a few questions..
Reply #1 - 09/10/11 at 06:41:16

This seems to be a pretty good guide for jetting:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1244217127

Dynojet makes some kits for this bike.  If you stay with the stock air intake and switch to the HD muffler, I believe you are looking for a Stage 1 kit.  Just what I've picked up from this site.  Can anyone confirm?

"Betty"-'05 S40
  IP Logged
ohio thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: New Ls650 rider and just a few questions..
Reply #2 - 09/10/11 at 08:54:01

take the main and pilot jet out and take them to a local motorcycle shop or dealer and see if they have the type of jets that you have and get you a range of jets. they are cheap enough to grab several different sizes to try. these bikes are not the same, what works for someone else may not work for you. good luck and post your results.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 16:24:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Ls650 rider and just a few questions..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.