Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
possible oiling issue? (Read 42 times)
scubachef

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

possible oiling issue?
09/04/11 at 20:01:02

I wanted to pick the brains of those here with more knowledge about our engine than I.  
Is there a possibility of causing any sort of internal lubrication issues when lowering the front forks. I am planning my build and I am looking to lower the forks 3".  One day looking at my engine and how it is mounted I started to wonder about the logistics of how our oil delivery circuit functions and if by lowering the forks I would cause the engine to tilt forward and possibly cause any issues.  Anyone have thoughts ?  Thanks as always Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: possible oiling issue?
Reply #1 - 09/04/11 at 20:22:39

No problem,, lower away,, I didnt see anything in the owners manual about not being able to ride down a long hill,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: possible oiling issue?
Reply #2 - 09/04/11 at 20:33:26

You shouldn't have any problems, you're doing basically what the RYCA boys are doing.

Chief thing you will need to remember is you are raising the oil level window.  So when you fill up it may take more oil to get to the reqular level.  But you shouldn't over fill it.  You don't want the crank whipping up the oil into a froth.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:22:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › possible oiling issue?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.