Send Topic Print
TKat handling (Read 216 times)
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
TKat handling
09/03/11 at 18:24:28

Wow! I come to sing the praises of TKat's marvelous fork brace. I sent him a check last Saturday, brace arrived yesterday, installed it per instructions here (tip: tap fork guards laterally (radially?), enough to move them and break their grip, before tapping up. Once they're off the lowers a decent pair of scissors will easily cut them.) I much prefer its mechanical look to the too-smooth appearance of the SuperBrace, and the vastly better price ($92.00 delivered) and the fact that you're dealing directly with the machinist who made it, sealed the deal for me.

The TKat's positive impact on the bike's overall feel and behavior is stunning. Steadier at parking lot speeds, more "planted" feeling at all speeds. Low-speed floppiness sharply reduced, higher speed squirlliness gone. It's almost as if the bike's weight distribution has been altered to favor the front more, making it far more stable in feel and precise in operation. I'm struggling to express this to my own satisfaction; perhaps it will suffice to say that I suddenly feel more in control and less like a curious - often uneasy - passenger.

Others have observed what a great addition a fork brace is, and I most enthusiastically concur. Transforming the bike's behavior so radically and positively for so little time and money has got to make it the ultimate no-brainer. If you've been toying with the idea of installing one, rest assured you'll be very glad you did.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: TKat handling
Reply #1 - 09/03/11 at 18:46:05

Told ya!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #2 - 09/03/11 at 19:11:56

Nice review. I totally want one.

IP Logged
buddy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lynchburg, Va.
Reply #3 - 09/03/11 at 19:30:59

Buddy here from Virginia, the newest of the newebbies, I just read your post re the Tkat brace and you described exactly what I am experiencing with my 2002 Savage, with less than 1400 miles- even tho I am a senior ( read old ) my bike just did not feel right and you described the feel perfectly- So I wondered if others have had this " feel"?
Thanks for any input and I will get a profile entered.

IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #4 - 09/03/11 at 19:50:22

Buddy, I don't know how you define "old", but I'm 66 so things like carburated thumpers appeal to me. I'm sure others will chime in on this - I hope so - but I believe fork braces are popular here because of the conditions I attempted to express. And it was for riders like us that I made the attempt. Cruiser-style bikes are going to feel floppier than standards because of fork rake and rearward weight bias, but the brace does an amazing job of offsetting the effects of those factors. And if I can install one o' them suckers, so can you. Give tkat@tkat.com a yell & tell him I sent ya.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #5 - 09/04/11 at 06:27:38

Buddy I'm in VA too, I'm a bit younger though. If you ever wanna do some wrenching get in touch through PM.

I've been looking at these fork braces and I'm either going to get the TKat or go all out and get the RYCA anodized black one (will match my black and chrome nicely), which is roughly $200.

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #6 - 09/04/11 at 09:15:23

The Tkat fork brace was the best thing I ever did for my 2008 S40.. The difference was night and day. Arisuno's post is spot on!

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
buddy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lynchburg, Va.
Reply #7 - 09/04/11 at 09:15:47

Arizuno, thanks I will order one Tuesday!
buddy

IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #8 - 09/04/11 at 09:43:45

Your welcome, Buddy. If you haven't already checked, there's LOTS of install advice in the forum, but it's pretty straight-forward. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and by all means do share your impressions here following your road test!

IP Logged
buddy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lynchburg, Va.
Reply #9 - 09/04/11 at 14:47:29

I sure will post again after test ride!
buddy

IP Logged
Pages: 1