Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First Front Brake Replacement (Read 55 times)
Prophet_10

TANSTAAFL

Dekalb, IL
First Front Brake Replacement
09/01/11 at 19:06:00

Hey folks,

So I just did my first front brake pad replacement thanks to the tech doc on this site; suzukisavage.com rules!

I have an 07 S40 bought new and put 8200 miles on the stock pads  Shocked  - does that warrant some kind of award, or has anybody stretched them out longer?

I bought the replacements long ago since the originals were always squeeky, but I never changed them because they had a lot of life left and, frankly, I didn't know how to do it.

The rotors seem straight, but there was nearly nothing left of the original pads.  

I did not flush the brake fluid , but I think I had better do that soon as its is a mucky black.

Anyway I am sorry that I have not contributed to the board much in the last few years, and I sincerely hope that you are doing well.

Ride on,

-Matt

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: First Front Brake Replacement
Reply #1 - 09/01/11 at 19:39:52

I hope you bought aftermarket brake pads. The Suzuki brakes all squeak. Good to hear from you.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Prophet_10

TANSTAAFL

Dekalb, IL
Re: First Front Brake Replacement
Reply #2 - 09/01/11 at 21:16:39

Indeed, I got the EBCs.  I am looking forward to not hearing them for the first time in 4 years.

Maybe now I should fix that speedo rattle...

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 14:22:45

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › First Front Brake Replacement

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.