Send Topic Print
Tech CD (Read 101 times)
LarryC
YaBB Newbies

ClingingToGod

Lower Alabama
Tech CD
09/01/11 at 06:33:37

Proposition......Take the Tech Section, burn it to CD and charge a fair price...use a sign-up for a prepaid copy.In order to defray the costs of the website. Please and Thanks!
In order to defray the costs of the website.
LarryC

Keep Your Head & Eyes UP-MSF Smiley

'05 S40, K/N Filter, Raptor Petcock, Inline Filter, Idle Mix 3, Sporty Shorty, Dial A Jet.....
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: Tech CD
Reply #1 - 09/01/11 at 08:08:31

What do you mean by burn the tech section to a CD?  Is there some software that can automatically pull down every page of every thread + all linked images, etc. and then transfer that to a stand-alone CD that the user can browse just the same as the forum?  If not, I guess one can pick through and extract all the posts and burn those to a CD (or a DVD, I doubt everything would fit on 700MB) but why would anyone do that when there is a fully updated copy available for free 24/7?

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
LarryC
YaBB Newbies

ClingingToGod

Lower Alabama
Reply #2 - 09/01/11 at 08:32:18

I have a CD/Shop Manual for my Xterra on my computer and it comes in handy.
Cut out all the fluff and just include the facts on the SuzukiSavageManual. Cool

'05 S40, K/N Filter, Raptor Petcock, Inline Filter, Idle Mix 3, Sporty Shorty, Dial A Jet.....
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 09/01/11 at 10:22:18

If you want to contribute some money to the site, do it here -- it is simple enough.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1290447541

If someone were to want to take the Tech Section for any use, likely there would have to be repercussions as the big "we" (all of us separately) didn't authorize it.

I never would, mainly because you don't understand that we edit all of our own tech posts as new knowledge comes available, or we edit to recover past mistakes, etc.  Sometimes a better method is found and entire chunks of old tech posts hit the can as obsolete.  A frozen snapshot would lack this editing, plus it would lack the constant flow of new stuff that adds itself to each topic.

A certain BF Goodrich 155r15 tire comes to mind, as I rub the scar on my left wrist .....

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #4 - 09/01/11 at 11:11:17

Likewise, cutting a gas cap gasket from a spud washer doesn't always work out so great... washers from some sources would react with the gas.  Then Tjfisher found one that was the correct dimensions, requires no cutting AND is a known good rubber compound.  I was very glad to be able to go back and point people to a better fix, even though my little trick is obsolete.  Not possible if the thread was out there on CD.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:17:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tech CD

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.