Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Got hit and run today (Read 178 times)
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Got hit and run today
08/27/11 at 18:27:34

Was headed home on the bike for my break today, about a mile down the road from work, some younger kid (probably 16-17) sped across 4 lanes of traffic and clipped my back tire. I hit the ground and was pinned by the bike for a second. I saw him look out the window and speed off... Filed a report, but I doubt anything will be done. Put a dent in my tank, which sucks because that was the only part I didnt plan on changing, and knocked off my right rear turnsignal. I guess I'm pretty lucky, short of the bike landing on my bad knee.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Got hit and run today
Reply #1 - 08/27/11 at 18:31:48

Someday he'll try that trick again cept it'll be a semi and he'll be a little late.

glad you're mostly ok.  couldda been a lot worse.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/27/11 at 18:33:48

If there was traffic, put an ad in the thrfity nickel asking for anyone who saw that happen to contact you.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/27/11 at 18:42:40

verslagen1 wrote on 08/27/11 at 18:31:48:
Someday he'll try that trick again cept it'll be a semi and he'll be a little late.

glad you're mostly ok.  couldda been a lot worse.

Thank you sir.

IP Logged
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/27/11 at 18:43:57

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/27/11 at 18:33:48:
If there was traffic, put an ad in the thrfity nickel asking for anyone who saw that happen to contact you.

It was a yellow Chevy coupe, and a few people I work with could swear they've seen it in the area a few times. So if I ever run into him, I have to make the decision to get the tag and call the police or follow and handle it myself (obviously the first is the correct choice).

IP Logged
mmosel
2005 No Login

My bike is
officially THUMPING
now.

NW Oregon
Reply #5 - 08/27/11 at 18:56:38

Sorry to hear that. Glad you are ok. I hope you find the kid. Hit and run is worse than hit and deal with it, if he gets caught.

IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #6 - 08/27/11 at 20:37:38

Wow, it is more than amazing that you could go down in 4 lanes of traffic and be on your computer a few hrs later telling about it ! If it was me,.....and IMO only, I'd be thanking God,.....more than just good luck !

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #7 - 08/29/11 at 05:17:19

ezornes239 wrote on 08/27/11 at 18:43:57:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/27/11 at 18:33:48:

It was a yellow Chevy coupe, and a few people I work with could swear they've seen it in the area a few times. So if I ever run into him, I have to make the decision to get the tag and call the police or follow and handle it myself (obviously the first is the correct choice).

Fear is the best medicnie.

Print ni large bold characters on letter-size paper
THIS BOY IS A
HIT AND RUN DRIVER

and in much smaller type
BUT I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Glue it to the wnidshield right smack in front of the steering wheel
(so he's got to struggle with dry glue to remove it)

Then stick around and see his reaction as he walks to the car...

Harrrharrrharr
(and, it's not illegal, you are not threatening anybody with any harm... none at all...)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 08/29/11 at 05:28:30

If youre not absolutely certain thats the right car, if you can pull up on your bike & just look at the guy, his eyes should tell you if hes the guy,, if he looks like he just took a dump in his drawers,, thats him..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jjn

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Keaau, Hi. USA
Reply #9 - 08/29/11 at 07:58:07

Terrible. I was riding a Suzuki SP500 about ten years ago in the slow lane on I-5 heading south from Seattle when a friggen moron-no turn signals or anything- suddenly cut across four lanes of freeway traffic and jumped on an off ramp. he literally missed hitting my front wheel by two inches. I was shocked and pissed off. Just had to ride on as there was zero I could do about it.

jjn

Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA
  IP Logged
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 08/29/11 at 09:35:01

mpescatori wrote on 08/29/11 at 05:17:19:
Fear is the best medicnie.

Print ni large bold characters on letter-size paper
THIS BOY IS A
HIT AND RUN DRIVER

and in much smaller type
BUT I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Glue it to the wnidshield right smack in front of the steering wheel
(so he's got to struggle with dry glue to remove it)

Then stick around and see his reaction as he walks to the car...

Harrrharrrharr
(and, it's not illegal, you are not threatening anybody with any harm... none at all...)

Yeah, after each shift I've been taking little rides around the marina, shops, houses and backstreets around work and such. I'm pretty sure if the kid saw me riding up like --->  Angry He's probably run, and I know I can corner faster than that POS car.

IP Logged
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/29/11 at 09:37:42

jjn wrote on 08/29/11 at 07:58:07:
   Terrible. I was riding a Suzuki SP500 about ten years ago in the slow lane on I-5 heading south from Seattle when a friggen moron-no turn signals or anything- suddenly cut across four lanes of freeway traffic and jumped on an off ramp. he literally missed hitting my front wheel by two inches. I was shocked and pissed off. Just had to ride on as there was zero I could do about it.

jjn

Yeah, the people that I know who don't ride looked at me like I was crazy a few hours after it happened as I was riding back to work and around town after. The way I look at it, I'm lucky nothing like this has happened yet, I'm not hurt nearly at all, and I have no other way to get around. So whatever is gonna happen, is gonna happen at some point. I need to get myself to a small island town/country or something to live on where everyone is on bikes or scooters.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:22:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Got hit and run today

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.