Odometer Rollback (Read 102 times)
mojo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW MO
Odometer Rollback
08/26/11 at 20:54:08

Is it possible/difficult/easy to roll back an odometer on a Savage? I've seen a few ads lately where a bike is advertised as 2 years old and has only 100 miles or is 4 years old and has only 400.  Have not looked at any of them, but it seems a bit of a stretch for miles to be that low.  Should I not be overly concerned about miles and just check out the bike's condition as outlined in the tech ref section of this forum?  I don't mean to be negative, just want to be street wise so I can better evaluate price vs condition, etc.

"Never Say Never"
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Re: Odometer Rollback
Reply #1 - 08/26/11 at 21:21:35

I think those are more a case of: Noob buys bike and finds out it is not for them.  Possibly has a little mishap with it.   Bike sits a couple years as noob neglects it, perhaps meaning to try it again later.  Noob finally decides to sell at a loss, which is your gain.  Cheesy

That's how I think it usually goes.  But look at the tires and make sure they reasonably jibe with the odo reading.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 08/26/11 at 22:25:43

Yep, with that kind of mileage the tires should still have nubs in the center.

As far as I know, you can't w/o opening the speedo up.  which would be evident.

WWW   IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 08/26/11 at 23:44:47

A while back I bought a 1981 Honda 400CM with 900 miles and in new show room condition. i payed $200 and sold it to a girl for $1,000. Second bile I have bought dirt cheap from people who think they want to be bike riders but find out different. Check um out!  Not hard to tell how much a bike has been used by overall condition.

IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 08/26/11 at 23:47:09

You can find good deals. I just sold my nephews 1965 ford Mustang with a factory built 289 Hi-pro engine and in perfect condition for $5,500. My nephew payed $14,500 but needed the money fast so took the offer.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #5 - 08/27/11 at 07:57:43

stinger wrote on 08/26/11 at 23:47:09:
You can find good deals. I just sold my nephews 1965 ford Mustang with a factory built 289 Hi-pro engine and in perfect condition for $5,500. My nephew payed $14,500 but needed the money fast so took the offer.

I hate you  Angry

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 08/27/11 at 09:38:45

I live in Canada and have an American bike. It has been in the back of my mind to buy a metric speedo and run the odometer up on it to the  equivalent amount of km as the current mileage.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 08/27/11 at 13:35:11

I wish I could rollback MY odometer,, if I could just wipe out the Skidding, bouncing & Falling miles, Id surely feel a lot younger.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 05:35:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Odometer Rollback

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.