Send Topic Print
Perf. Cams (Read 155 times)
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Perf. Cams
08/18/11 at 19:11:13

I bought a stage 1 cam from lancer last year and was pleased, however, like many here I've got the bug and have had it a good long while. So i bought a used head from Surazal. Im wanting to have the Cam sent off to webcam for a "stage 2". Does anyone have the webcam grind #. Since lancer has been MIA a while it's not quite as simple as asking him for a "stage 2" anymore. Wecam has #466 listed on thier site but Im not sure if that's stage 1 or 2 and Lancer's ebay site no longer has items...used to be he had the full cam specs. All webcam lists is duration at .05".

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Perf. Cams
Reply #1 - 08/18/11 at 20:16:03

the 466 grind is between lancers stage 1 and stock.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 08/18/11 at 20:25:51

LANCER wrote on 10/07/09 at 16:01:32:
Oldfeller ... here you go dude !   Cool

SUZUKI SAVAGE-S40 PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFT

A performance camshaft custom manufactured by Web Cam Racing Cams for the Suzuki Savage or S40.  This cam is designed for low to mid range torque and power which is most notable in the 2500-5500 rpm range.  Designed for use in a stock or slightly modified engine, this camshaft will enhance the best characteristics of the big single cylinder engine and absolutely increase your riding pleasure whether  cruising down the highway with ease, or blasting through the twisties on some mountain road!

Swapping the stock exhaust for a more free flowing muffler and rejetting the stock carburetor is a minimum requirement for a stock engine.  Replacing the stock carburetor with our Performance Carburetor Kit and a really good performance exhaust system will absolutely transform the machine into a "Savage Beast " in the likes of the legendary BSA Gold Star or Norton Manx. I was the proud owner of a '56 Goldstar for many years, so I know what a beast it is capable of being.  The Savage is not a purpose built racer like the Goldstar was, but when properly built it can provide a very satisfying level of performance for the street.

Installation is simple; just like a stock camshaft so there is nothing special required.

Stock Cam Lift:  0.254" In / 0.244" Ex

Performance Cam Lift:  0.264" In / 0.264" Ex

Stock Cam Duration:  224 deg @ 0.050" lift

Performance Cam duration:  239 deg @ 0.050" lift

*** If you are building a modified engine with a larger bore, higher compression or ported head, there is an option to have a more radical cam profile  .... info on this profile is:

More Radical Profile...

Lift:  0.275" In. & Ex.

Duration:  245 deg @ 0.050" lift

WWW   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/19/11 at 08:18:19

splendid...now to call webcam and see if they'll still make them. Thanks much versy...i searched hard and couldnt find it.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/19/11 at 15:27:47

I called and they're more than willing to continue doing Lancer's regrinds even though they arent listed as available on the website. So...anyone thats wanting to get themselves a "stage 1" or "stage 2" it's as easy as calling and sending in a core. I was told turnaround is between 1-2 weeks. If you call reference the company name "savage performance" when they ask and they'll be able to pull Lancer's file will applicable specs. Woot.

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 08/19/11 at 16:56:22

What is the cost to weld and regrind a stock cam or there price for a finished one?

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/20/11 at 14:34:43

$152 plus shipping for a regrind.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home