Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Helmets and Petcocks in Rider Magazine (Read 132 times)
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Helmets and Petcocks in Rider Magazine
08/08/11 at 23:59:16

We recently had a discussion of helmet types. Arai has a new open face helmet that extends further forward by about 1 1/4" to protect more of the cheek/lower jaw. It is the XC series at $499 up.

I just read the Q&A section of Sept Rider Mag and saw a question from a Savage rider who, without a doubt, had a petcock problem. I emailed the tech editor with a comment about putting it on prime and the part number for the Raptor conversion. I also suggested he search our Tech section and use Serow's test method. His answer to his reader was very much like the ones we give to Newbs, but he wasn't quite sure. Anyway I included our forum address. Who knows, maybe we'll get written up in the "letters" section next month.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Re: Helmets and Petcocks in Rider Magazine
Reply #1 - 08/09/11 at 06:14:24

Cool

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #2 - 08/09/11 at 06:18:43

I'll have to pick up that issue. Would be nice to get some national recognition.

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #3 - 08/19/11 at 19:22:40

Boofer wrote on 08/08/11 at 23:59:16:
We recently had a discussion of helmet types. Arai has a new open face helmet that extends further forward by about 1 1/4" to protect more of the cheek/lower jaw. It is the XC series at $499 up.

I just read the Q&A section of Sept Rider Mag and saw a question from a Savage rider who, without a doubt, had a petcock problem. I emailed the tech editor with a comment about putting it on prime and the part number for the Raptor conversion. I also suggested he search our Tech section and use Serow's test method. His answer to his reader was very much like the ones we give to Newbs, but he wasn't quite sure. Anyway I included our forum address. Who knows, maybe we'll get written up in the "letters" section next month.  Smiley

FWIW....

I wrote a letter like that once to Motorcycle Consumer News (I believe that was the mag, anyway).

They published it, but then slammed me for suggesting to run the petcock on PRIME.  The reason?  Danger of carb overflow if the floats happened to stick!

Sigh.

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/19/11 at 20:36:10

How did they handle the idea of a manual petcock? Ahhh,, ya cant fix stupid,, can ya?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #5 - 08/20/11 at 10:28:51

I received a nice email from them since I posted. They said they would get it to the right people and were glad to hear from a reader. I did say that the petcock would be MANUAL, and did it in caps so they would understand. I like MCN, but it is expensive at $40+. I subscribed when I got a low ball letter from them last year. It is now due again, but I am waiting for them to get desperate and send me another bargain. I cannot aford expensive mags. I know they don't have ads, but $20 is my limit except for the NRA. Good articles, though.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 23:24:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Helmets and Petcocks in Rider Magazine

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.