Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Back up and running (Read 101 times)
AZSGT

2006 Bobber

Mesa, AZ
Back up and running
08/07/11 at 06:21:57

After completely boogering up my fuel/air screw ( see big oops post) I had to replace my carb entirely. Luckily I knew a guy who did it for me for $140. $100 for the carb and 40 for labor and jets.

So a tip to any noob who might be reading this, there is a TON of knowledge on this site. HOWEVER, please read and understand the knowledge shared here before you begin doodling. Cause nothing hurts worse than stupidity.

Trust me i know     Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Re: Back up and running
Reply #1 - 08/07/11 at 18:49:17

Just as I am getting brave enough to start working on my carb after finishing my exhaust, I read this, now I am spooked. LOL.

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
AZSGT

2006 Bobber

Mesa, AZ
Reply #2 - 08/07/11 at 19:04:17

lol don't be. There is an amazing wealth of knowledge and helpful people here. Just don't rush into things before you truly understand what you are doing.

That is where I went wrong. I THOUGHT I knew what I was doing but I did not really read or ask what I was supposed to do. So venture on, just do so smartly.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #3 - 08/07/11 at 19:16:35

MrBrownTX wrote on 08/07/11 at 18:49:17:
Just as I am getting brave enough to start working on my carb after finishing my exhaust, I read this, now I am spooked. LOL.

I was carb shy too. Then I figured what the heck and did the white spacer mod (after reading the insructions several thousand times). Confidence bolstered I re-jetted as well (without removing the carb). Easy Peasy Japanesey. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Grand Strand

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 08/07/11 at 19:20:39

Glad to hear that your back to riding! Smiley Now I have got to figure a way to remove mine.  SmileyCongrats, I’m happy for you.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
AZSGT

2006 Bobber

Mesa, AZ
Reply #5 - 08/07/11 at 19:24:58

Thanks!!

Wish I could help you out on that , but I never did figure a good way to do it. If I had asked for help BEFORE I totally screwed it I might have salvaged it.

There was a lot of suggestions in my big ooopss post. Once of them is bound to work. Particularly the tap a sharpened screwdriver in idea. Sounds like it should work.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #6 - 08/07/11 at 19:27:41

Well didn't Gyrobob or someone say he'd buy your mungled carb?  You should give him the blue light special on it.. say 40 bucks,  then you're only out $100.   For getting your carb all jetted and squared away, that ain't bad.

Plus, the saga of the screw removal can continue, just with a different owner.  Cheesy

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
AZSGT

2006 Bobber

Mesa, AZ
Reply #7 - 08/07/11 at 19:29:25

That's pretty true. It would be nice to be on the good end of that convo instead of the one crying at his laptop!!

IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #8 - 08/08/11 at 14:35:33

Glad you got it running again. I hate downtime. I had trouble with my mixture screw also, only mine was froze in place, and the slot in screw was boogered up. I ended up paying the mechanic to get it out and replace with new. He also rebuilt carb and properly cooked it out. Runs a lot better than it did before. I had cleaned and rebuilt it several times myself, I just couldn't get that dam screw out. After the fact, it's nice to know you can go in and adjust it if needed.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 20:22:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Back up and running

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.