tach question (Read 416 times)
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: tach question
Reply #15 - 01/05/12 at 11:58:29

This is the one that I got as a replacement...it's got a white face and you can change the colors by pressing a button, but I haven't tried to take the face off...Must be some way in though, there was a tiny little spider crawling around in mine for a couple weeks after I got it installed. Funny watching him bounce around with the vibes of the bike  Grin

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Scheco
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/06/12 at 03:37:12

Thanks, will have a look. I got my GS550 in a terrible state. Have to re-wire the entire bike as most of the wires are either corroded or burnt. While I'm at it I thought it might be a good idea to get the tach and speedo cleaned and looking nice as well.

IP Logged
Tinfoil-Jim
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Just outside of Stillwater, Ok
Reply #17 - 01/20/12 at 15:21:53

You know, no longer than I have been riding my Savage, I have wondered if there were a way to relocate the speedo to the triple clamp from the tank.  I really don't like having to look down to see my speed.  Is there a true kit to do this along with adding a tach in the mix?

Jim B Cheesy .

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #18 - 01/20/12 at 15:45:02

I've gone through a couple of tachs already and I've about decided I'm not gonna bother anymore on this bike.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #19 - 01/20/12 at 15:54:01

Savage_Rob wrote on 01/20/12 at 15:45:02:
I've gone through a couple of tachs already and I've about decided I'm not gonna bother anymore on this bike.

only time i use the tach is to adjust idle speed
speedo only  when there's no other traffic to judge my speed
you get a FEEL(sound, vibrations etc) for your scoot
most important gauges on mine is the oil temp and the volt meter

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 01/20/12 at 21:25:33

Yeah. I've always shifted by feel. Only time I used three tach was for maintenance.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 01/20/12 at 22:46:05

Tinfoil-Jim wrote on 01/20/12 at 15:21:53:
You know, no longer than I have been riding my Savage, I have wondered if there were a way to relocate the speedo to the triple clamp from the tank.  I really don't like having to look down to see my speed.  Is there a true kit to do this along with adding a tach in the mix?

Jim B Cheesy .

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 12/02/09 at 19:14:22:
mid eighties model Suzuki GT750 tach cable is a direct swap for our speedo cable, just a couple to three inches longer which is perfect for speedo relocate.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1213856449/0#0

WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #22 - 01/21/12 at 03:43:44

Tinfoil-Jim wrote on 01/20/12 at 15:21:53:

Jim B Cheesy .

I use the tach to monitor speed. It's easier to see, and I don't have to always do the mental calculation to change mph to kph. (American bike in Canada).

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #23 - 01/22/12 at 08:41:45

When I had my savage,  I loved my tach.  And..... it was easy to install.

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:30:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › tach question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.