Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
forward control extension (Read 237 times)
jersey savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

forward control extension
08/01/11 at 10:39:04

Im looking to extend my forward controls to give me more leg room.  anyone know where i can get some good templates to cut my own???  or maybe even buy some at a reasonable price.

IP Logged
MrBrownTX

Caddo Mills TX
Re: forward control extension
Reply #1 - 08/01/11 at 12:04:04

Check the sticky posts at the top of the market section.  I believe there are a few options there.

Used to have 2006 S40 http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1331666008/0
Gear up like you are going to slide across the pavement. Ride like everyone else is trying to kill you
WWW   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 08/01/11 at 12:08:18

Check the marketplace at the top.

Both Routy and EdL. provide a good product and are great to work with, I've asked them both questions and got great answers.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #3 - 08/01/11 at 12:36:39

unless you just want to re-invent the wheel so to speak and or have a that much extra free time to engineer them - Iwould just go get the Routy 6" forward controls - plug & play takes about 4 hours less to install - I love mine - no this is not a paid endorsement  - just feel that strongly about this product. I am 6'2" 410lbs and these FC's have really given me thwe ability to ride in complete comfort.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #4 - 08/01/11 at 13:13:20

Weracerc, if my bike had a windshield and bags, we'd have twin bikes. Almost. Mines an '87 and maroon coloured. I like the forward controls too. Much more comfy to ride.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 08/02/11 at 05:48:50

weracerc wrote on 08/01/11 at 12:36:39:
unless you just want to re-invent the wheel so to speak and or have a that much extra free time to engineer them - Iwould just go get the Routy 6" forward controls - plug & play takes about 4 hours less to install - I love mine - no this is not a paid endorsement  - just feel that strongly about this product. I am 6'2" 410lbs and these FC's have really given me thwe ability to ride in complete comfort.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/artchick48/chip/ls650hunt.jpg

My son weighs about 400 lbs and thinks he needs a big bike, which he can't afford. What problems have you had with the suspension, if any, at that weight?

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #6 - 08/02/11 at 11:00:40

slow down for elevation changes - speed bumps etc. - set the shocks to the stiffest position and take elevations at an low angle not head on, avoid holes or bumps if possible or take slow on an angle - the tires have not worn unevenly or irregularly the bag on the front bottoms out against the fender when i hard brake or take an elevation change too fast....but all in all i have had any real problems - I too would like to move up to an 800/900 no desire to go any bigger - want the mileage of the smaller CC but a tad more power than the 650 not that i have any problems with power to weight rate ratio - not looking to go faster just would like to feel a tad more comfy on the highway at 70+ - this bike does not like me going 70+...it probably would not mind a feather weighted rider pushing it that hard. I like to cruise around in the 40-55 range and stay off the highway this bike loves that.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #7 - 08/03/11 at 08:45:53

I agree, weracerc. I'm only 6'1", 255, but mine don't like the higher speeds either. 50ish is my fav cruising speed. Bike seems to run smooth at that speed. Any faster and the vibrations and handling get way worse.

IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #8 - 08/03/11 at 18:03:36

I agree that Routy's stuff is sweet.  Ships fast, solidly built, and just the right size (for me anyway).  Ed L's stuff is right nice too, and he offers a couple different sizes, if I remember right, so you can get what fits you best.  Either way, can't go wrong.....

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 08/03/11 at 18:33:45

drums1 wrote on 08/03/11 at 08:45:53:
I agree, weracerc. I'm only 6'1", 255, but mine don't like the higher speeds either. 50ish is my fav cruising speed. Bike seems to run smooth at that speed. Any faster and the vibrations and handling get way worse.

I am 250. I don't have any handling problems at70-80 mph. I seams the faster I go the more solid it feels. It does vibrate though, I found filling the (non stock) bars with lead shot, and Iso-grips helped a lot. Do you have a fork brace? Mine helps a phenomenal amount, both with less than perfect road surfaces and with cross winds.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #10 - 08/03/11 at 20:16:57

I don't have a forkbrace. I wish I could afford one. Most of my vibration is engine related. Since running over the big rock, and subsequent repairs, I have had a knocking vibration in the lower end....I can feel it big time in the footpegs.....whenever under heavy acceleration or any speed more than 55. I'm thinking there must be something internal got knocked out of whack when I hit the rock. And it makes some other whining kind of noise whenever accelerating. Clutch in and coasting--no noise. But it keeps on-a-chuggin' so I'm gonna ride it 'till it pukes.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:18:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › forward control extension

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.