Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2 questions (bolts and bags) (Read 52 times)
DrunkenDwarf

Morning Zombie

Seattle, WA
2 questions (bolts and bags)
07/29/11 at 09:19:03

There are two phillips/JIS bolts that hold the intake to the cylinder. For no good reason I'm considering replacing them with easier to use bolts (hex/hex socket). Does anyone know what size they are? I didn't see a torque spec for them in the tech section. Does anyone know the proper torque (if any)?

I'm also considering saddle bags. I love the way my S40 looks without a windshield or bags, but I'm getting tired of the bulky backpack. Are the Suzuki bags too small to be worth while? While mechanically inclined, I have no fabrication skills (or workshop - darn rental property) so I'll have to buy support brackets. Will the Suzuki brackets work with larger bags?

Thanks.

-D. Dwarf

Pearl White 2007 S40; Dyna exhaust; Current jets: 52.5 w/ bleed (2 turns out) / 1.5mm (0.06") spacer / 150; raptor petcock
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: 2 questions (bolts and bags)
Reply #1 - 07/29/11 at 09:59:42

I like the look of the Suzuki bags but I got fed up with their small size, so I went for larger ones. The brackets don't support any weight, all they do is keep the bags away from the sprocket and spokes, so you can use any bags with them.
As far as the bolts on the intake manifold go If it aint broke don't ; eff with it. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
DrunkenDwarf

Morning Zombie

Seattle, WA
Re: 2 questions (bolts and bags)
Reply #2 - 07/29/11 at 10:54:26

arteacher wrote on 07/29/11 at 09:59:42:
As far as the bolts on the intake manifold go If it aint broke don't ; eff with it. Grin

OK.
This is where I admit I did something stupid.

Back when I first got my S40 I was trying to get the screws out of the carb to do the white spacer mod. I had read that people used an impact driver to loosen the screws.

So I tried it.

With the carb on the motorcycle.  Roll Eyes

Some how I'm doubting that hitting the carb with a hammer while supported by just the intake tubes was a good idea. Embarrassed

Since I moved, I need to rejet anyway. So I am going to pull the carb and check the intakes for damage. I suspect I gave myself a minor leak somewhere.

-D. Dwarf

Pearl White 2007 S40; Dyna exhaust; Current jets: 52.5 w/ bleed (2 turns out) / 1.5mm (0.06") spacer / 150; raptor petcock
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:22:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 2 questions (bolts and bags)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.