Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
12v power outlet location (Read 331 times)
txsizzler
YaBB Newbies

Its a real THUMP in
the pants!

Portland/Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: 12v power outlet location
Reply #15 - 07/19/11 at 22:25:23

Joe F wrote on 07/19/11 at 17:59:22:
Gerbing makes a cable with battery attachments on one end and a socket with a rubber cap on the other end.  I leave mine under the seat of my S40.  There is enough extra that I can pull it out and connect to a cable running from my gloves to the back of my jacket.  Heated gloves won't drain the battery and they let me comfortably ride down to 30 degrees or less.

Thanks, Joe! Where did you get your Gerbing if you don't mind me asking?

"Life is like a bath; the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get!" -Garfield
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #16 - 07/20/11 at 02:48:51

txsizzler wrote on 07/19/11 at 22:25:23:
Joe F wrote on 07/19/11 at 17:59:22:
Gerbing makes a cable with battery attachments on one end and a socket with a rubber cap on the other end.  I leave mine under the seat of my S40.  There is enough extra that I can pull it out and connect to a cable running from my gloves to the back of my jacket.  Heated gloves won't drain the battery and they let me comfortably ride down to 30 degrees or less.

I prefer heated hand grips to heated gloves.  They use less wattage, and they are less cumbersome -- no wires, etc.  You can also wear lighter gloves on days that would normally require something really bulky.

I got my Gerbing jacket on ebay.  While it is a quality garment, I wish it had more even heating.  It has some places that stay nice and warm (almost too warm) and other areas with no heating at all.  I called Gerbing about this and they said that was normal.  Sad

Overall, though, having a heated jacket liner is a wonderful thing when it is in the 20s or 30s.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Joe F

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/21/11 at 17:12:30

Quote:

The BMW folks are big into heated clothing. I got my battery-to-socket cable and gloves at a BMW shop. The gloves come with the cable that goes in the coat.  Heated grips are nice but the heated gloves can move from bike to bike Smiley  I also like the heaters on the back of my hand instead of having sweaty palms.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #18 - 07/21/11 at 18:19:02

Joe F wrote on 07/21/11 at 17:12:30:
Quote:

The BMW folks are big into heated clothing. I got my battery-to-socket cable and gloves at a BMW shop. The gloves come with the cable that goes in the coat.  Heated grips are nice but the heated gloves can move from bike to bike Smiley  I also like the heaters on the back of my hand instead of having sweaty palms.

Valid points.  Everthang in laff izza tray doff.  

With heated grips, all I have to do is get on and ride, switching on the grips if needed.  With heated gloves I have to use THOSE gloves, and, if I want to go to another bike, it has to have a 12v outlet to match.  I just always use heated grips on anything I own for very long.

I like these: http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm  They are low-cost, reliable, and fairly easy to install.  I've used them on my last three big bikes, and have probably spent (for all three kits), less than what one set of Gerbing heated gloves would cost.

Smiley   (token smiley to reassure everyone that all is pleasant)      

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #19 - 07/27/11 at 20:42:51

found it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Powerlet-Luggage-Electrix-Connector-_W0QQcmdZV...

BTW: these guys have a lot of sweet sh!t

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:24:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 12v power outlet location

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.