Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what size is the spring clip for shift lever? (Read 68 times)
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
what size is the spring clip for shift lever?
07/07/11 at 18:40:14

Lost the spring clip to the gearshift lever while I was riding today.  Got all the linkage back on and in place but could not find clip (impossible i know- lol)  What size is it and do I have to go to a parts store or can I just go to the hardware?  Thanks for the help everyone.

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: what size is the spring clip for shift lever?
Reply #1 - 07/07/11 at 19:28:24

I'd think harware would have some kind of clip that would work.
I'd also wonder how that clip ever came off. I'd guess it was damaged from removing it sometime previously. That clip is hard to get off on purpose, let alone accidently.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #2 - 07/08/11 at 05:13:44

Yeah, I had just put forward controls on about 3 weeks ago and had to remove it at that time.  Used the correct tool to take off and put on and thought it was secure and tight when re installed.  I guess it could have lost some tension in the process.  Just glad it happened to me when I was coming to a stop and not going down the highway.  Wish that Clymer specifies the size of that sort of thing though  Sad

2001 Savage, Corbin seat, Jardine Rumbler Slashcut exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Ed L. 4" Fwd Controls, Stage 2 Carb Jet Kit
  IP Logged
CalisOsin

Rather die, than
live down on my
knees.

Orange County, Ca
Reply #3 - 07/08/11 at 08:24:48

are you talking about that little round circlip?  They sell them in assorted packs at Kragen. I had the same thing happen to me and found the one I needed in a $2 pack with many sizes.

'97, k&n airfilter, bcb pipe, custom leather seat, monoshock, custom bars
  IP Logged
dv8savagerider

Ride safe!

Southern Michigan
Reply #4 - 07/09/11 at 06:20:04

Exactly!  Thank you.  Also thinking it might be better to drill through the shaft and install a cotter pin- any thoughts for or against?

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #5 - 07/09/11 at 07:00:42

dv8savagerider wrote on 07/09/11 at 06:20:04:
Exactly!  Thank you.  Also thinking it might be better to drill through the shaft and install a cotter pin- any thoughts for or against?

In principle a good idea if you manage to get a hole in that little bit of shaft sticking out. How many times do you have to have access to that?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/07/24 at 22:31:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › what size is the spring clip for shift lever?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.