Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TKAT Forkbrace installed (Read 216 times)
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
TKAT Forkbrace installed
06/22/11 at 17:38:24

I got my TKAT forkbrace in the mail today and installed it. I got it in 2 days. TKAT is great!

I followed kimchris1 install instructions and contacted her via private messages with some questions. She was very helpful and informative. The install took 20 minutes.

I cut the plastic rings with a razor. I took my time and cut them about halfway down. Kim told me this so I wouldn't scratch the forks. After getting them halfway cut I just pulled them off with no problem. The brace is pretty self explanatory. 4 screws on the top brace and 2 on each of the forks.

I haven't had time to test it. It's raining here in NY for the next 4 days. (crapola) But kimchris1 told me I would see a major difference in the handling and would have to lean more into turns. I'll give a report as soon as I ride.

The work on the brace is top notch. Thanks to him and kimchris1.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: TKAT Forkbrace installed
Reply #1 - 06/22/11 at 17:40:29

Youre gonna like it for a lot more than the looks.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
SuperSavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/22/11 at 18:48:54

I want one of those! What did it cost?

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #3 - 06/22/11 at 18:56:27

$93 US  shipped. Email TKAT at

tkat@tkat.com

Great guy. Responds pretty quick. He only takes checks though but worth the wait.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #4 - 06/22/11 at 19:08:52

Yep, Justin is right and so is KimChris, those things do make a difference.  And Webhead is right, Tkat is a stand up guy.  I heartly recommend it.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #5 - 06/22/11 at 22:19:11

You will find the bike much more stable with the brace.  Smiley money very well spent.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #6 - 06/22/11 at 22:21:59

Glad you got it installed and hope the weather
changes soon, so you test ride it.
Happy the instructions helped you out. Take care
ride safe.. Hugs, Smiley kim

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #7 - 06/26/11 at 20:03:28

Ok, I was able to take her for a ride today and wow what a difference in the handling. It's like Kim said, you have to lean a little more but the front fork doesn't shimmy like it used to when I go into a turn hard or when I lean real hard. The bike handles much better. I highly recommend it. I rode for 2 hours today on a highway and some backroads by my house which are very curvy. Very happy with it.

Oh and if you haven't gotten yet, the throttle boss is awesome. You have to check it out. Gives my fingers a break by using my palm on the throttle. Great for long rides.

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #8 - 06/27/11 at 04:41:12

Jeez, that thing looks like it came off a bridge.  No doubt it works, but I'm guessing it's a lot beefier than it needs to be.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 06/27/11 at 06:40:04

It's beefy because it is in three parts.
And it IS a bridge. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:15:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › TKAT Forkbrace installed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.