Send Topic Print
Koombaya.... (Read 180 times)
SoE

Rollin' the dice on
fire...

East TN
Koombaya....
06/09/11 at 10:14:32

Just cuz it's funny to me. My SS & a HD sharing a space at work. Seems like if we do this then those two Koreas ought to be able to work things out.....

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Re: Koombaya....
Reply #1 - 06/09/11 at 10:24:38

Floorboard fringe? Or is it a leather hula skirt?

That's a new one to me. Guess I don't hang with the cruiser crowd enough.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #2 - 06/09/11 at 13:33:07

I've seen that "hula skirt" in white leather too.  Not my taste, buy hey... with a bike that big, he can put whatever he wants to on it.   Grin

SoE, is your helmet visor mirrored?

Here's mine with the HD's where I work...
The bike in the middle is the guy's wife's bike.  She doesn't ride any more, but won't sell it, so he rides it to work occasionally.  He has a big HD full dresser something-or-other.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
marine5317
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lecanto,FL
Reply #3 - 06/09/11 at 18:02:24

Anybody that has ever walked behind a team of horses or mules down on the farm would know what the fringe is for.  The fringe is on the rear part of the harness to shake back and forth and it helps to keep the flies off their butt ! I wonder how many Harley riders know this as they strut around in their costumes ?

Ride Safe
                                                                           Marine5317

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 06/09/11 at 18:52:46

Where I work:  building with offices, garage, supply.  I don't have far to walk from my bike to my desk:

I have been parked there for almost seven years.  Sometimes other motorcycles park near mine.  The guy with the Duke also rides a Hayabusa.  The Harley's show up when weather is nice, the white sport bike is new to me.

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 06/10/11 at 02:31:46

Floorboard fringe has been available since the 1920s. Among other things it was supposed to catch and wick away some of the oil from total oil loss bikes. If you've never seen one, older bikes had an oil tank with plunger, no oil pump. Engine starts to tick, you give it 3-5 pumps and keep riding. The excess oil was supposed to collect on the drive chain. Most of it did not.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #6 - 06/10/11 at 04:30:24

So the fringe says, "My engine leaks."

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
SoE

Rollin' the dice on
fire...

East TN
Reply #7 - 06/10/11 at 06:53:12

LOL, maybe I need some fringe then.....

BH, that visor is mirrored. It's not a super-nice helmet, but it looks cool. Before you say anything about cheap helmets I will go ahead and admit that I was wearing a brain bucket before this one. This one is DOT approved, so it's a step in the right direction  Smiley

Here's the one I think I want (and they have a mirrored visor for it too).
Something about this style that just cracks me up. It's just a little bit smartass:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190493194554&ss...

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #8 - 06/10/11 at 07:58:17

SoE wrote on 06/10/11 at 06:53:12:
LOL, maybe I need some fringe then.....

BH, that visor is mirrored. It's not a super-nice helmet, but it looks cool. Before you say anything about cheap helmets I will go ahead and admit that I was wearing a brain bucket before this one. This one is DOT approved, so it's a step in the right direction  Smiley

Here's the one I think I want (and they have a mirrored visor for it too).
Something about this style that just cracks me up. It's just a little bit smartass:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190493194554&ss...

I actually like that one on Ebay!  And I wouldn't ever say anything about cheap helmets.  I've read lots of info on helmets and there are alot of good inexpensive helmets.  As long as its up to specs, that's good enough for me!  The "expensive" helmets may look better, or even feel a little more comfortable to wear, but as far as protection, the "extra" that you pay for might help you a tiny bit more in a major catastrophe, but overall, minimum specs are sufficient to me.  Just my opinion from what I've read and seen.  Got mine on clearance from Dennis Kirk's Ebay outlet for $25!

They still have it on clearance through their website for $43.19 but only select sizes/colors  
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=3301815M&stor...

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
SoE

Rollin' the dice on
fire...

East TN
Reply #9 - 06/10/11 at 10:56:15

We're surfing the same shops. That looks good too. $25 was a serious steal, BTW.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 01:31:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Koombaya....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.