Rain, Rain go away! (Read 79 times)
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Rain, Rain go away!
05/24/11 at 03:53:26

Since we are so blessed with this lovely rain the last 2 weeks, (AHHHHH!). Does anyone have any recommendations for rain gear? I like to be prepared. My jacket and gloves are waterproof but would rather have something to put over them.

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: Rain, Rain go away!
Reply #1 - 05/24/11 at 06:03:58

I used to commute only by motorcycle, and that included TDY trips in the USAF.  

For serious raingear, I used a one piece rainsuit, Totes rubber booties, and the rain mittens that came with the suit.  There were times when I would ride all f***ing day in the rain, and that outfit would keep me mostly dry.  All the stuff could be folded up into a pretty small package, so I could carry it all the time.  The bikes I used back then had windshields or handlebar fairings, and saddlebags, so I had some protection, and space to carry the gear.

These days for boppin' around, I just don't wear anything I wouldn't mind getting wet, and I accept the risk.  The motorcycle garb I use now is fairly weather resistant for a short duration.  I suppose if I had to go out in the rain, I'd drag out the one-piece outfit mentioned above, which is stored in one of the bags on an FJR-1300.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #2 - 05/24/11 at 09:01:09

I feel your pain, in NY too. hate driving in the rain, and now the bobber has no front fender anyway.

IP Logged
webhead

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer, NOW!
InMemof Boody

Somewhere in NY
Reply #3 - 05/25/11 at 19:24:27

Finally got a ride today. Even though it was my regular 15 minute commute it still was great to get the bike out. This was technically my second ride on her. It's going to be nice tomorrow so I'll take her again. Smiley

2011 S40 Pearl Mirage White/Met. Veil Silver. Memphis Shades Alley Cat, Tourmaster Saddlebags & Toolbag, Jardine Exhaust, TKAT Forkbrace, OEM Engine Guard, Kuryakyn grips, Parrot SK4000 & ARKON SM032
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:32:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rain, Rain go away!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.