Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fine fishing technique demonstrated (Read 136 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Fine fishing technique demonstrated
05/16/11 at 05:30:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3Bf0WhvsNk&feature=youtu.be

Yes, even you can get your limit this way.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bluesrockdoc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Fine fishing technique demonstrated
Reply #1 - 05/16/11 at 06:12:33

Combine fishing with skeet shooting? A case of beer, few boxes of shotgun shells... A fun day on the river!

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 05/16/11 at 07:37:19

how many is the limit?
do you need a license?

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #3 - 05/16/11 at 10:32:23

They should come down that river with nets like a trawler,and sell the fish to the Japonese. darn things I bet they tast like ka ka.
Or make fertilizer out of em.They have to be stopped before getting into the great lakes.
Does anyone know if anything is being done ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 05/16/11 at 17:48:19

Washington and Oregon make you throw back silver (grass) carp. Down south here, the things are a menace, MS and TN Rivers are both loaded with them.

Mick, if you cut out the mudline from the fillet and fry them in pure peanut oil they taste pretty good. Kinda boney though, think haddock, hake or similar salt water "trash fish". If you leave the mudline and cook them any other way they taste like the Columbia River smells in Portland, at low tide. Cross between mud, sewage and algea. Ever had fish in Paris, Venice or Brussels? Same thing.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #5 - 05/16/11 at 23:34:03

WD wrote on 05/16/11 at 17:48:19:
Washington and Oregon make you throw back silver (grass) carp. Down south here, the things are a menace, MS and TN Rivers are both loaded with them.

Mick, if you cut out the mudline from the fillet and fry them in pure peanut oil they taste pretty good. Kinda boney though, think haddock, hake or similar salt water "trash fish". If you leave the mudline and cook them any other way they taste like the Columbia River smells in Portland, at low tide. Cross between mud, sewage and algea. Ever had fish in Paris, Venice or Brussels? Same thing.

I shall give em a miss,we have a Squaw fish in the rivers around here and there is a price on there head,I think one buck a fish.nasty buggers about as big as a medium trout.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 05/17/11 at 07:10:17

What is the "mud line?'

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 05/17/11 at 07:34:47

mick wrote on 05/16/11 at 10:32:23:
They should come down that river with nets like a trawler,and sell the fish to the Japonese. darn things I bet they tast like ka ka.
Or make fertilizer out of em.They have to be stopped before getting into the great lakes.
Does anyone know if anything is being done ?

Mick- google "Asian carp" and you will get all the info you want.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #8 - 05/17/11 at 18:25:06

I'd be trolling up and down that river with hand nets (so you only get the carp without harming the other fish populations) and throwing them up on the bank for the raccoons etc. to take care of! That's one pest you don't want to take over the waterways! I'm sure there'd be a game warden writing me tickets to the policeman's ball all day, but until they come up with a worthwhile solution I wouldn't be sitting with my hands in my pockets!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #9 - 05/17/11 at 20:57:26

"Mud line" is the dark flesh near the base of the fillet. Where anything that causes "off" flavors settles in the flesh. No different than catfish.

Mick, I remember squaw fish all too well. Grew up in western Washington, used to go to Bonneville area and catch a truckload at a time for beer money. We've got big ugly sucker minnows like that in the rivers here too. Not many trout though (thank god, now THOSE taste awful), water is mostly too sluggish and/or warm.

Asian restaraunts here pay top dollar for wild caught carp (any kind) buffalo (another bony trash fish), suckers, chubs, etc. There is a market for them. Last time I went to Frisco carp and buffalo were priced higher than salmon (not surprising, salmon is inedible unless it came from Scandanavia).

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #10 - 05/20/11 at 05:11:51

Rough fish like that are why gefilte fish was invented.

My mom's recipe starts with extracting the "jelly" from the bones -- in other words, fish head, tail and skeleton soup stinking up the whole house!

The end result, however, is delicious.

Nineteen good sized carp -- those guys need a big pot and a meat grinder -- and some horseradish for the final results!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 03:51:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › Fine fishing technique demonstrated

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.